Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NS7 II Mapping (Attn DJDAD)

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

ZamoodaPRO InfinityMember since 2010

Hey DJ DAD - I didnt post this in your NS7 II thread because I wanted to bring some additional insight to the post that I originally posted in the general section.

First I updated to 7.4.1 and noticed a slight improvement. What I kept forgetting tho was to adjust my latency (everything was just fine and dandy with my 6000) which I adjusted thru Numarks setting and now scratching is so much better. It still has a little bit of a cue slip, but its manageable.

That being said I have 2 questions:

Today I did a full setup with the unit at a venue where I am a house DJ - it was an open room so I really was able to open it up. This unit runs realy hot in the volume department. I have VDJ at 6db in the headroom and my master at 12pm...I still had to cut the gain to just on or about the 7 o'clock position. Is this normal for a numark product? I have used nothing but Denon products my whole career, so I don't know.
Even the font mic is hot. I had to totally readjust that to the numark vs the Denon 6000. Im fully aware that no brands are going to be alike, but it was really different.

Second, I would like to map the PANEL BUTTON to put into video mode like the Denon 6000. I want to be able to use the crossfader for video control and the channel faders (the center two) for audio. How can this be achieved? [On the 6000 if you press the CF button it enters this modeswitching from audio to video mode]

thanks for your time

Z

Inviato Sat 08 Feb 14 @ 5:42 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
About the volume issue.. Yes i realized that as well. Try to add in the ONINIT key of the mapper ... & master_volume 50% or whatever value sounds best to your PA system.
Note. The Master Volume knob of the NS7II is a hardware one, so adjusting that knob, it will not alter the Master Volume of VirtualDJ. The above action will do though, so you will see the knob on the skin in the middle position. You can also adjust the Master Volume of the software, using the knob on the skin, find the value you need to start with at launch, and use that value instead of the 50% of the example.

I didnt add such an action in the mapper, because i was not sure if it was my PA system or not... and of course, didnt want to put a value there that could make users say, hey my NS7II sounds low

About the crossfader, why dont you map that as .. video_crossfader ?

If you wish to have a similar behavior like the MC6000, you will need to map a button on your NS7 (with a led to indicate that probably) like..
cycle '$cfmode' 3
and map the crossfader as ..
var '$cfmode' 2 ? video_crossfader & crossfader : var '$cfmode' 1 ? video_crossfader : crossfader
Make sure LINK and AUTO are disabled from the VIDEO panel of the Skin.

Inviato Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 4:16 am
Dad thanks for getting back to me...

I will try this out tmrw (day off) thank you! Im not good with mapping (but then again I never really tried so stay tuned for problems, lol

also, I dont use the normal skin - I use the MFF skin.. the older one - any different settings because of that?

Inviato Mon 10 Feb 14 @ 11:29 am
Dad - after some trial and error got everything to work - thanks!

I would like to make an adjustment tho hopefuly you can help.

I had to map the CF audio - video - audio and video to the prepare button. It works, but I dont know what mode I am in, so can it work like this:

Prepare is off when in CF Audio mode

Prepare is on (lit) when in CF Video mode

Prepare blinks when in CF Audio/Video mode. To be honest i dont use this mode, so if there was a way to map just the first two that would be great, but if its a standard then not a big deal.

Inviato Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 1:24 pm
You need to map the LED_PREPARE as ..
var '$cfmode' 2 ? blink : var '$cfmode' 1 ? on : off

Inviato Tue 11 Feb 14 @ 3:56 pm
Thank you - would I add that to the string you previously gave me ( cycle '$cfmode' 3)? IF so is that before or after that sting

Inviato Wed 12 Feb 14 @ 2:43 pm
PREPARE: cycle '$cfmode' 3
LED_PREPARE: var '$cfmode' 2 ? blink : var '$cfmode' 1 ? on : off
CROSSFADER : var '$cfmode' 2 ? video_crossfader & crossfader : var '$cfmode' 1 ? video_crossfader : crossfader

Inviato Wed 12 Feb 14 @ 3:01 pm
"Ahhhhh now I see!" says the blind man. Thanks for your time DJDAD!

Inviato Wed 12 Feb 14 @ 3:02 pm
Hey DAD - it works beautifully thanks again!!

im concerned with constantly pushing the fx2 button to cycle thru transititions (wear and tear) is there a way can i use the knob to do that when its in that mode. I dont want it to effect the parameters end tho

Inviato Thu 13 Feb 14 @ 1:46 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)