Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: vms4.1 power supply

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I am experiencing when my power supply is plugged into the vms4.1 i get the crackle popping noise. but it goes away when the power supply is unplugged. I have replace the power supply with a new one and the noise still persist. but only when the power supply is in use.
any ideas out there.

vdj7.4
windows 7
creative sound card

Inviato Fri 07 Mar 14 @ 11:31 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
same issue when using soundcard of the vms...?
using same electric circuit for the power suppy and amplifier ?
tried e.g. the ground lift funktion if avaliable...?

Inviato Mon 10 Mar 14 @ 3:11 am
Rob
thank you for your reply. it is currently plug into a adp power surge unit. and what do you mean ground lift??? currently i am using only usb power which is working fine.
so as i stated before brand new power supply same result as the old power supply crackling sound as soon as i plug it into the vms4.1. if i unplug the power supply the crackling noise goes away.

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 14 @ 9:17 am
i just did another test when power supply is plug in there is minor pops but when i play music the cracks and pop gets worst like scratching noise

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 14 @ 9:27 am
On one hand it sounds like a latency issue - you have the VMS4.1 ASIO buffer set too low. This is a common cause of pops/clicks.

On the other there may be a ground loop issue, which is why ground lift was mentioned.

You say you're using a VMS4.1 but also mention a Creative card. Which one is crackling?

If you're running VDJ on a laptop, try unplugging the laptop PSU (running the laptop on battery). Does the noise stop?

Have you swapped the VMS4.1 USB cable for another? Have you tried using another computer?

Inviato Wed 12 Mar 14 @ 12:52 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)