Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Command? ;sync bpms but not the CBGs?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Is there a command to sync bpms but it doesn't sync the track's CBGs?

I'm working with a track that slows abruptly from 102 bpm to 90 bpm, then it returns to 102, after which point the CBG is way out.

Now I'm playing a 90 bpm tune over the top of this break (synced to the track and not the CBG) and I'd like to have this new tune jump bpms with the first track (on a button press), I know I could cue a 2nd copy lying in wait @ 102.
I suppose I could rerecord my track @102 bpm and use pitch = 0 command but this is a bit too bespoke.

Is this possible now in another way or just another reason to get tetchy anticipating V8?

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 2:54 pm
As far as VDJ is concerned, the CBG is the BPM. That's how it knows where the beats are for syncing purposes.

VDJ 8 will bring flexible beat grid anchors, so you can realign the grid to tracks like yours - which will then (I'm guessing) change the tempo of the slave track to match.

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 3:01 pm
sorry didn't read your post... it's not possible.. you just need to learn to beatmatch.. If you're sure the track slows to 90bpm then you can just load up the other track and set it's bpm to 90 press play at the right time. If it's still not matched perfectly that's what the jogs are for..

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 3:07 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
@synthet1c I learnt beat matching on 2 belt drive Kams, 15 years ago. so I think I can manage that. ;)
I've thought up another way

Play 102 track and start the 90 track at the right time (when the 102 drops to 90) then just as 102 returns to 102, press a button that sets the down beat and then sync the 90 track (upto 102) all in one command, the only problem with this is it messes the CBG (at the beginning of the track) for next time it's played, BUT since the CBG isn't that important at the beginning (when a few queue points are markers enough) I can live with that.

A bit of a bespoke problem but in VDJ there are many ways to skin a cat.

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 3:56 pm
It'll only be a problem until VDJ 8 :-)

Actually your dilemma will be a challenge for the new feature. Try it out and see if it does a good job.

Inviato Wed 09 Apr 14 @ 6:58 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)