Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: VMS4.1 only 1 channel on xlr

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DjDeBarPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I hope this hasn't been covered, I have searched and can't find anything close. I have tried this in VDJ 7.4 and 8, when I connect using rca cables from the main or booth out at home to my tv I can practice fine and everything works with the exception of the cue volume in the headphones following the crossfader volume (I can't have the crossfader all of the way left and listen to the right channel and vice versa. I worked around this by bumping the crossfader just slightly off back and turning the headphones up.) That is something I wish I could fix but can work with because it doesn't effect anything too badly.
The real problem I have is that as soon as I hook up my amps through the xlr outs instead of the rca out I lose one channel on the mixer. I can only get sound out of whatever deck is set to asio 1&2. No cue in headphone and no way to play from second deck. The only thing I am changing is the connection out, all other connections and cables remain the same. I am a primarily a wedding dj and have been lucky that I I have been able to fake it using the automix at my last event. to me it sounds like CRAP without having any real control of when or how the songs fade out, but luckily the client and guests didn't notice and were very happy at the end of the night but I can't work like this every time I do a wedding or party, that is just making playlists on the fly, not djing.
I would appreciate any help anyone can give. at this point I can't even prelisten to a song before setting it for next, i just have to guess how they will work together. Luckily at this last party they had provided me with a play list and wanted me to "mix it up" so when I put a song that I knew didn't work after the auto fade they just thought I was trying to change the pace.

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:23 am
You need to provide more info about your wiring and config.

What's your audio configuration in VDJ? How is your VMS4 set up?

How are you hooking up your amps? How many amps/how are they wired from the VMS4?

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:53 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
There is definitely something wrong with the Audio Setup in both version 7 and 8.
For version 7, please refer to this page.. http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VMS4%20/%20VMS4.1.html
For version 8, its more or less the same setup, but you now have a special button in the AUDIO tab of Config that will automatically do this for you (you need click APPLY though).

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 3:53 pm
djdad wrote :
There is definitely something wrong with the Audio Setup in both version 7 and 8.

I think you mean to say there's something wrong with his setup.

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 4:04 pm
Thanks for the fast responses, I must be changing something when I transported it to the job. When I was testing it at home I had it set the way the link shows and auto detect in 8 worked fine. I was hooked up rca out of the main to my tv to test settings and it worked fine. When I got to the job I plugged in the vms4.1 to the computer then out through xlr to my crown 1500 and then passed thru to my qsc cx404. The client decided they wanted me to start earlier than planned and I didn't realize it wasn't working right until after I had started. I didn't want to shut down after starting so I just went with what I had. I checked everything over and over but may have missed something and never did try just shutting it all down and restarting. I was running a dinner playlist on auto at first while I finished setting up my lights so by the time I realized it wasn't working right it was a little late to shutdown and restart.

NEW RULE: even if the customer changes their mind NEVER start until I check everything is working.

The good news is they never noticed, I just kept smiling while I was going crazy with letting the software "do" my job.

I am going out of town and won't be able to test out my equipment for another week but I will let all of you know as soon as I figure out my user error. :-)

Inviato Mon 26 May 14 @ 9:12 pm
Sorry I took so long to get back to you on this. I don't know what I was doing wrong, I hooked the controller up in vdj8 and let it auto detect and I was fine, with the exception of the crossfader also controlling output to the headphones. For example, if I have the crossfader all of the way left I can't cue the headphones to deck 2. If I nudge it over to the right just a little I can prelisten and use the headphone volume to control my headphones, but when I fade to the right the volume on the headphones goes UP as I move the crossfader. It is not a huge deal, but is very frustrating that the headphones suddenly blast the music out at full volume if I don't either turn them down or off when fading.

Inviato Sun 29 Jun 14 @ 10:29 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Definitely something is wrong in your Audio Setup (settings). Post a screenshot of your Audio Setup of version 8.

A few more things ...
- When the XRL are used, the unit needs to be powered with the Ac adapter.
- for windows the ASIO drivers need to be installed in order to detect all available outputs, and those should be used in config Audio Setup.

Inviato Mon 30 Jun 14 @ 5:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)