Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Gain problem not leveling the sound level correct

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello. I own a coffee shop and we got a lot of customers mainly students and they love listening to music we play.
But my VirtualDJ 7.0.5 Pro isn't balancing the gain correct and I need to run to console and adjust manually the gain.
Here are some screenshots showing how my software behaves.

A track is playing at max gain lvl (auto adjusted)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/i81xhgva60qdikv/gain%201.jpg

Next track it adjust it again to lower lvl BUT it still isn't the same as the previous.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/d9sm00rq823or4u/gain%202.jpg

Here are my settings.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xdn83jxb6cvq8h/gain%203.jpg

I must add that before I had the Gain lvl at auto and remember. Still same problem
Also I run the MP3 Gain software to make all tracks the same lvl BUT still same problem.

Can some1 save me plz? How can I rest assured that my music will be played with same sound lvls?

Inviato Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 4:55 am
First of all, VirtualDJ v7.0.5 is a very old version of the software and there have been numerous changes and improvements to the software since then, including the sound engine. Please register your software serial number to your account and then download VirtualDJ v7.4.1 and/or VirtualDJ v8 (This is a new version of the software, so should be tested thoroughly at home before playing out live.)

If you have not purchased the VirtualDJ, then please support the software and its future development. VirtualDJ Home FREE is for personal home use only and cannot be used for commercial purposes.

Please ensure that you have pre-analysed all your music in VirtualDJ. This will ensure that the correct gain is known in advance for all songs in your database. Songs that have not been analysed may suddenly change in volume when first used in automix (After the song has finished loading in full.)

Please also bear in mind that different songs will naturally have soft and loud sections and certain types of music will naturally sound louder than others (E.g: Soft background pop song vs rock song), so may need gain and/or EQ adjustment on the fly (This is part of the normal job of a live DJ.) Auto gain is based on the overall average level of the song, so in some cases it may need to be manually adjusted (In VirtualDJ, this adjustment will be remembered for the next time that it's played, providing you have not disabled this option.)

Another option is using a compressor/limiter and/or auto gain control (AGC) to automatically control the overall output level. Either a hardware device such as DBX Driverack or you could use a software AGC VST effect activated on your automix deck (Or the master output in VirtualDJ v8.)

Inviato Wed 04 Jun 14 @ 5:44 am
valhuntPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I just uninstalled and reinstalled 7.41 pro. After that, the auto + remember gain does not work with my Hercules RMX and my new Windows 8.1 PC. I had to adjust gain and volume manually for most all songs. It worked fine with previous computers, same library. Help!

Inviato Sat 07 Jun 14 @ 5:34 pm
Hello, running VDJ 8 Pro infinity, on my PC. I have Auto Gain set to auto and remember. I am also fairly new to the Pro Version of VDJ so bear with me. I am sitting at home no hardware attached, just playing with the pc and I am noticing the gain doesn't seem to be auto adjusting. The levels seem to be maxing out quite often and I have been turning the gain down manually. Should it not be Auto adjusting the gain so the songs are not clipping? Thanks. Also, it does seem to be remembering my gain setting.

Inviato Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 12:43 am
Did you load a song that you have not played previously and start it playing immediately (Before it had finished loading and analysis was complete)?

If so, then the correct gain will not be applied until the next time you load and play the song. This is to prevent the sudden change in gain that would occur part way through the song once loading and analysis is complete, which could result in the song increasing or decreasing significantly in volume.

To avoid this, you should either allow the song to load in full before playing it or pre-analyse your music collection.

Inviato Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 6:46 am
How can one pre analyze the collection?

Inviato Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 10:58 am

Inviato Tue 10 Jun 14 @ 11:12 am
ZwarvPRO InfinityMember since 2014
valhunt wrote :
I just uninstalled and reinstalled 7.41 pro. After that, the auto + remember gain does not work with my Hercules RMX and my new Windows 8.1 PC. I had to adjust gain and volume manually for most all songs. It worked fine with previous computers, same library. Help!

Inviato Mon 11 Aug 14 @ 3:19 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)