Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound output from Gemini Controller is horribly distorted

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So I just got my first DJ controller, the Gemini G4V (amazing price, amazing features!), and I immediately plugged it in to start using it. Before firing up Virtual DJ, I installed the latest ASIO drivers and software. I then opened VDJ and it recognized my device with no problem (board lit up, the various buttons started working). When VDJ recognized an onboard soundcard (in the controller, to be clear), it asked if I wanted to use it, and I clicked yes. The resulting sound coming from the master output and monitor headphones was horribly quiet and distorted (almost like when you connect an audio source to a powered speaker without a preamp). There was no latency of any kind, and the midi controlling worked perfectly, but the output sound was really bad.
I have seen similar topics to this, but all of them address this problem if you're using two soundcards, not the one built into the box. I'm sincerely hoping this is a drivers error, because I'm not in a position to return it, but since the computer isn't handling the sound at all, I don't know what could be the problem. I've tried messing around with various latency settings to no avail, and the sample rate of the onboard soundcard is locked to 48000 Hz.
Just in case, my HP laptop has an Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo, 4 gigs of RAM, and is running 64-Bit Windows 8.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Inviato Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 8:59 am
Which version of VDJ (exactly - name and number)?

Inviato Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 10:03 am
I'm using the latest version of Virtual DJ 8 on trial mode. I'm not using the stripped-down version that ships with the controller. To be honest, I don't even use VDJ as my daily driver(I'm going to manually map it to Deckadance), I just have it installed to troubleshoot these problems.

Inviato Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:34 pm
OK well there are several config settings that may need changing....

overclock
ultralatency
exclusiveaudoaccess

Inviato Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 5:41 pm
I toggled each of those settings in different combinations, to no avail.

Thanks for being around to assist.

Inviato Fri 01 Aug 14 @ 6:04 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)