Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Auto eject a song after it has played
Is there a script or add on to eject a song from the player once it has finished playing?

Inviato Mon 13 Oct 14 @ 9:26 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
makes no sense to me ..... song will be eject anyway when next song is being loaded in the deck.
you can also config a custom button with the script " unload"

Inviato Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 1:33 am
I second that. I think it's a bad idea having songs eject automatically unless you are loading a new song. I mapped an "unload" on one of the option buttons incase I wanted to unload a video and crossfade video into effects instead of a parked video.

Inviato Tue 14 Oct 14 @ 9:24 pm
I usually map the play button on the skin to unload on right click and one of the controller buttons to unload when held 300ms. Don't see the benefit of unloading automatically

Inviato Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 5:21 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
kradcliffe wrote :
I usually map the play button on the skin to unload on right click and one of the controller buttons to unload when held 300ms. Don't see the benefit of unloading automatically

Good solution ;-)

Inviato Wed 15 Oct 14 @ 9:50 am
djranesPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Actually this will free a little bit of RAM in short period of time until loading a new track. Could be useful if memory usage is an issue.

Inviato Fri 17 Oct 14 @ 11:58 am
I play music on the fly sometimes and not from playlist loading 4 decks at a time. Sometimes I get so distracted and I wonder if I played a song or not. Thats why is would be nice to see a empty deck.

RobRoy wrote :
kradcliffe wrote :

Good solution ;-)

Inviato Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 12:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
user20607144 wrote :
I play music on the fly sometimes and not from playlist loading 4 decks at a time. Sometimes I get so distracted and I wonder if I played a song or not. Thats why is would be nice to see a empty deck.

In your case i would suggest to enable the setting keepPlayingPastEnd, so that the Deck doesnt goto to Cue point (sometimes its Start) once finished and confuse you.

Inviato Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 2:27 pm
user20607144 wrote :

Here is a script that you can put in a BUTTON so you can also see that it is ACTIVATED (Blinking) or OFF (not Blinking). YOu can turn it off/on at your will.

repeat_start unloadme ? blink & on & repeat_stop unloadme : repeat_start unloadme 500ms -1 & deck all & songpos_remain 500ms ? set finished 1 : var finished 1 ? not play ? unload & set finished 0 ::

Inviato Sat 06 Apr 24 @ 5:30 pm