Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: NI F1 Mappings

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So glad to see the F1 is now native! Thanks for the VDJ crew for getting that done. Love everything you guys do for us!

I am relatively new to mapping my own stuff and have figured out a few things on the F1 that I wanted. But I have some questions that I can't figure out by reading the button descriptions in CONFIG.

How do you record a loop as a sample? I am guessing the CAPTURE button plays a role, but can't figure it out. I want to be able to grab a loop live and bring it in. Would the script for syncing the running sample to the Masterdeck look like this: masterdeck : sync ? Also, how would you delete said recorded loop?

Is there a way to activate the filter for a Sampler Group? Tried filter_activate : sampler_group 1 with no luck.

Are there any plans to be able to add effects to the Sampler? Might already be there... Like I said, I am new.

TIA to all the great people in these forums that help out and share their knowledge!

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 3:16 am
DMayock13 wrote :
I want to be able to grab a loop live and bring it in

Unfortunately Atomix changed the way the sampler works in VDJ 8. It's no longer possible to record a loop directly to a sampler pad, which rules out that kind of performance.

There are workarounds involving cloning the track to a spare deck, looping it etc. but it's not exactly convenient. :-(

Snatching samples on the fly in 7 was also good because the snatches weren't saved - so you wouldn't end up with a drive full of little clips that you didn't need. In VDJ 8 you have no choice.

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 5:01 am
Upon some quick diving, I found the RECORDINGS section under the SAMPLER folder.

Any way to make this browseable and playable? I tried copying one of the XML files present, hoping for a quick fix by editing. Since I want a dynamic type environment with this, it doesn't appear to work.

And I currently use the clone method...

And the more I mess around more questions... Is there a way to have samples in the same group different colors? When I assign them to a group for volume control, they change to the first one I selected in that particular group.

Inviato Wed 03 Dec 14 @ 12:06 pm
Any ideas?

Inviato Thu 04 Dec 14 @ 7:23 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)