Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: virtual dj 8 will not start up or open program

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

hey guys, i just got virtual dj 8 and after installing it the program wouldn't open or anything i run windows xp professional on my desktop i have all the requirements as-well. iv'e tried uninstalling and re installing the program but with the same effect can someone help....

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 10:55 am
What message do you get .... what exactly happens?

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 11:00 am
nothing happens.... i click the program to open and it wont open no messages or anything virtual dj 7 opens and works but i cant use my numark mixtrackII on it so i purchased virtual dj 8 and, even with 7 gone the program doesn't do anything

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 11:15 am
Try right clicking the downloaded .exe and installing it as administrator.

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 11:19 am
I did what you said but still nothing...could it be my computers settings or anything of that source?

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 11:29 am
Try right clicking the shortcut and run as administrator.

Can't think of anything on XP that would stop it running.

Inviato Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 12:56 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Please update your grafic card's driver.
Make sure to use the manufacturers driver and not the windows driver.

Inviato Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 5:48 am
Not sure if this was the same situation, but I recently was using VDJ8 and one day it did not start up, but it would show in the taskmanager. I eventually contacted support and the tech had me go into, \documents\virtualdj\ and change settings.xml into settingsold.xml which reset the settings and allowed it to start up. Somehow the settings got corrupted (maybe with a skin) and would prevent it from starting. Maybe this will work for you.

Inviato Sat 10 Jan 15 @ 9:08 am
exekalHome userMember since 2017
the above post worked for me, after vdj 8 home suddenly not opening yet showing on task manager details.

Inviato Sun 05 Feb 17 @ 11:51 pm
Why this version makes the video so slow??? I work with bpm videos and I never had this issue before with Virtual DJ 7.

EDIT: This question has absolutely nothing to do with this topic. Please do not hijack other peoples topic, start your own. Thank you, AMAHM

Inviato Mon 06 Feb 17 @ 1:11 am
kencatPRO SubscriberMember since 2011
I have had this forever!! Support remotely reinstalled the program. But I then had to reload all the settings. I copied the settings .xml file just in case, again after one use would not start up. even on a fresh install works great until you adjust the setting them, back to square one. So fresh install and change the settings xml file to the updated one. it works OK now. then we have frustration of adding another 400gb file of karaoke files that takes a lifetime for the program to find them AND it won't quickly switch between folders.

The PC is an i7 Rog Asus gaming machine with 2Tb and 225SSD 8Gb Ram, Win10 and does NOTHING else it's only connected to the Internet for updates

Inviato Wed 27 Sep 17 @ 10:46 am
I had the same exact crap happen to me this weekend. I was at my gig on Friday night and ready to start my drag show. I couldnt get any audio to come out of my Denon DN HC 4500. I couldnt even get the ASIO driver to show up when it was installed. Virtual DJ kept crashing on me. It was a total melt down!!!!!!!!!!!!! Luckily after someone else let me use their computer to play music, using the audio player on the computer I was able to make it thru the show. But it was very frustrating that I pay for this software and had ZERO way of finding out what the issue was.

After the event I stayed up late and in the facility to google this issue. I finally found this forum with the same issue that I was having. Would of been MUCH nicer to know about this issue before I went ahead and had allowed the latest update to run!!!

Inviato Tue 02 Jul 19 @ 6:53 pm
Ahem - the updates do specify what's new (if you care to read it). Besides, the last thing you should be doing is applying updates just before a mission critical event.

Where was your backup? Update or no update, you should always have something to fall back on should the stuff hit the fan.

Inviato Tue 02 Jul 19 @ 7:02 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I recently had (have) the same problem - again and again -
The problem - for me - comes from audio configs:
some previously working configs i saved are not working anymore for some reasons
even they only are saved in the xml file and not currently active they prevent VDJ to start. Previously same or broken configs were ignored
specially, some broken drivers with ASIO 64 bit were silently ignored when not in use or were giving an error message for some lines and now are crashing VDJ
I got situations where the VDJ 64 config crashes VDJ 32 and VDJ 64 needs it where config needed by VDJ 32 crashes VDJ64 and only default config allow to start both
but no way to save all three in the xml because doing so prevent both VDJ32 & VDJ64 to start
When external soundboard from controller is not plugged in and configured in settings.xml as any output there used to get the message "no audio" even it was a duplicated output and everything was working
now VDJ simply crashes in some cases depending on drivers. but defining these broken drivers in unused config make VDJ crash
at least some asio from voicemeeter, denon & hercules & yamaha have this problem for me
... I finally stopped to use ASIO - and voicemeeter - for anything but tests

removing the audio configs from the xml file make VDJ 32 & 64 load in default mode

Inviato Wed 03 Jul 19 @ 12:11 am
Hey guys. I've been using VDJ8 for some time now and on occasion it would bring up a pop up message saying 'Virtual DJ is already running' before it starts working normally. This time however the pop message keeps showing up and Virtual DJ refuses to open. I use Windows 10, tried running the app as administrator but with no results. Any idea what could be the problem?

Inviato Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 7:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
check taskmanager for a vdj process, kill it and try vdj again

Inviato Mon 16 Aug 21 @ 7:24 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)