Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Device_side for custom buttons.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This could just be bad practice on my part but,

When I'm sharing scripts I like to have one script, that works on either side (as most HW is shared mapping), so with HW it's
device_side 1 ? stuff for the left : stuff for the right
but with customs that doesn't work, there is leftdeck ? and that works most of the time but that isn't perfect.

Am I missing a method or should device_side work with customs, or is it just one of those things I have to write around.

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:26 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Did you try action_deck yet?

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:32 am
You should use device_side 'left' ? on your scripts, or action_deck 1 ?
device_side query won't work properly with integers (even on controllers)

Also leftdeck ? query will validate as true only when the calling deck is set as leftdeck. In other words:

device_side 'left' ? will return true when it's called from both decks 1 & 3
leftdeck? will return true only for one of the decks, depending on which one is set as deck left.

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 4:50 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
device_side query won't work properly with integers (even on controllers)

It's in the script guidance as either left|integers, I don't have any HW to test ATM

Thanks to both of you action_deck is one I always forget about , and it's much better as I can work directly with all 4 decks

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 5:16 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
i believe device_side should work with custom buttons too. But maybe not with the default skin, as the custom buttons are numbered in sequence, meaning that there is no custom button 1 on the right side (its Nr.6 i think)

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 7:46 am
djdad wrote :
i believe device_side should work with custom buttons too. But maybe not with the default skin, as the custom buttons are numbered in sequence, meaning that there is no custom button 1 on the right side (its Nr.6 i think)

6 is correct

I was doing it differently, I had a script that would go onto button 1 & 6, instead of have two scripts (one designed per button) I tried one device_side 'left' queried script and I only ever got the no response, regardless of the deck used.

Action_deck worked though

Inviato Mon 16 Feb 15 @ 8:06 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)