Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: First Gig..

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Inviato Mon 23 Feb 15 @ 2:15 am
Okay here is my opinion, and i am not a professional DJ so see this as a listeners view =)
I don't really like the music you played but i try to focus on the mix part.

What was that at 1:50?
If you used a cue, you should definetly improve your beat feeling and/or turn on "Smart cue" so the cues are beatmatched.
Might have also been a little hicup from the recording.

The transition at 4:05 or so isn't very clean.
There are two ways to fix that part:
a) Make the two tracks in absolute sync and fade them smoothly without letting one be out of sync
b) Make sure that the previous track (which slows down) does that quicker because then it doesn't sound like it got async unwanted
You could use the brake effect for that.

The transition at 5:30 or something was really good! Thats how it's done :D

7:05 That thing just before the drop was wierd. Was it a sample?
If it was a sample, you should look for an acapella version. It did not really fit.

11:30 Do not try to make a smooth beat synced transition while the "drop" (well the part that starts with the drop)
Always wait for the heat part to end, then mix.
Exeption: Hard cuts for more exiting mixes, but NO SMOOTH TRANSITIONS.
I know it was going to the end but you started it too early IMO.

15:15 You should have mixed the beat in earlier, those two quit parts before and after the first beat part of the next song are not good.
Try to mix that part smoother, so that you always have a beat.

At all not a bad mix, i think if you just keep getting more confident with your sets, you are good to go.
Sorry for my bad grammar :D

Regards, Daniel

Inviato Thu 02 Apr 15 @ 8:50 am
Here's what happened my first gig:
I was 18 and I was at a music camp in Northern Ontario Canada. I was the only guy who knew how to run the sound system so guess who got to DJ the end of camp dance on the last night (and yes a lot of those music camp stories are true...lots of my friends at the time lost their virginity at that camp!) and this was probably May of 2000. The most requested singles were:
S Club Party - S Club 7, The Thong Song - Sisqo, Bootylicious - Destiny's Child, Everybody (Backstreet's Back) - Backstreet Boys, Bye Bye Bye - N'Sync, Learn To Fly - Foo Fighters, Truly Madly Deeply - Savage Garden
What did I start the night off with? Take It Easy - Eagles...at a high school dance in the spring of 2000! FAIL!
My rig was two discmans and a Gemini DJ mixer I borrowed from my church! My library? Everyone in the camp loaned me their CDs. Mixing? Crossfades if I was lucky. Beatmatching? Forget it! It was a baptism by fire.
Thank goodness DJ technology has advanced to the point where all you need is a laptop, an external drive, a solid controller and a pair of powered speakers (I typically use an Allen & Heath Zed10FX as my audio front end for taking audio from the controller and my wireless mic).
First time is always messy and awkward, but once you do it a few more times...well, you get the idea!

Inviato Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 12:59 am
link is not opening.. youtube is down?

Inviato Wed 10 Jun 15 @ 5:13 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)