Accesso rapido:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: How to figure out the music im buying has good quality sound.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi
Ever since i started as DJ amateur i've been told that its better to play songs that have over 200kbts/s to get a good quality sound
But yesterday i bought some music from the apple store and found out its only 128 kbts, its really frustrating and i dont know
how to find good quality sound music :(
Are there any other sites than the apple store that sell good quality music or i'll have to deal with what i buy ?

Thanks for your help

Inviato Fri 20 May 16 @ 1:24 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
With out getting in to a long boring conversion, yes anything less than 200kbps sounds like it's being played through a sock once you raise the amplification, that said 128kbps is fine for internet broadcasts, (usually they are 128kbps anyway) I can't attest to Apple music but most vendors offer a choice of bit rates.

Inviato Fri 20 May 16 @ 8:14 pm
How did you determine that it's 128k?

Google tells me that the iTunes Store has been using 256k since 2007.

If this is a file that you've purchased and directly downloaded (you haven't converted it) then IMO you should contact Apple and complain.

What's the track?

Inviato Sat 21 May 16 @ 9:19 am
groovindj

Properties/details

Its latin tracks, old from the 80s.
The worst is that i had those tracks in an old CD, i thought it was old technology but looks like the tracks still have the same kbt/s..

Inviato Tue 24 May 16 @ 1:47 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)