Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Karaoke adding singer name...

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I have setup a custom button to add the name of singer to the "Browsed track"...
This works great in principal as i can select the track i want, press the custom button, the karaoke sidelist opens and the track goes in there.. a popup appears for me to enter the singers name..

However, the touch keyboard dosent appear at this point or if it was already showing the focus isn't on the cursor in the singers' box so typing then invokes the default keyboard shortcuts (eg. STOP, PAUSE, etc)

This is related to single point touch screens, i haven't tested this on a multitouch.

The normal behaviour for touch screens is that if an "edit" box is requested, the system onscreen keyboard is called. This isn't happening properly with the Edit Singer box.

Inviato Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 9:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The only case where the OnScreenKeyboard will automatically appear is when focus is on the Search field. That was always the case for VirtualDJ, so its more something that belongs to the Wishes forum ;)
Btw, dont you have some button in the taskbar to bring the OSK whenever you want it ?

EDIT.. ah ok i see now, even though the cursor is in the Input area, the keyboard still operates with its shortcuts. Ok, this is something that can be fixed i guess, reported.

Inviato Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 10:46 pm
Many Thanks DJDad :)

Yes i have taskbar showing WITH the OSK available, but when youre in a hurry OR the person stood next to you is in a hurry to rhyme off 5 songs its quite easy to make the shortcuts mistake.

Inviato Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 10:52 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
I have setup a custom button to add the name of singer to the "Browsed track"...
This works great in principal as i can select the track i want, press the custom button, the karaoke sidelist opens and the track goes in there.. a popup appears for me to enter the singers name..

However, the touch keyboard dosent appear at this point or if it was already showing the focus isn't on the cursor in the singers' box so typing then invokes the default keyboard shortcuts (eg. STOP, PAUSE, etc)

This is related to single point touch screens, i haven't tested this on a multitouch.

The normal behaviour for touch screens is that if an "edit" box is requested, the system onscreen keyboard is called. This isn't happening properly with the Edit Singer box.

Hi Mark

Would you mind posting the script you used please.... I am still getting my head around scripting , but your custom button sounds awesome!

Inviato Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 7:16 am
karaoke_add & browser_window 'karaoke' & browser_scroll 'bottom' & edit_singer

put that into a custom button or it might work on a spare controller button or keyboard shortcut..

To use:
1. Find the karaoke track youre looking for and highlight it (turns blue or something)
2. press the custom button
3. enter the singers name
4, done :)

Inviato Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 5:42 pm
Nice find with that script Mark - I have only been using edit_singer after dragging into the Karaoke window but that one of yours is rather nifty :) Thanks for sharing!

Inviato Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 6:23 pm
Nice find? it was my work that.

Inviato Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 7:29 pm
marksmolinski wrote :
Nice find? it was my work that.

You know what I meant...figure of speech ;)

Inviato Mon 11 Jul 16 @ 9:02 pm
Thanks Mark
That works awesomely!
Very Happy! =)

Inviato Tue 12 Jul 16 @ 12:50 am
That is BRILLIANT!!!!
Thanks so much!

Now if there was only a way to save the singers names so that they would be in there every time you opened virtual dj and wouldn't have to keep typing their names at the start of every night

Inviato Tue 27 Feb 18 @ 8:48 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
So what you are saying is that you have the same singers every night ? Sounds boring lol

Inviato Wed 28 Feb 18 @ 2:42 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)