Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Change mapping of Numark NV II - Slicer section to Cues and Manual Loop

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey guys,
I need your help with a custom mapping of my Numark NV II. I started djing with a Numark Mixtrack Pro 3 and I really liked the mapping of it, because it allowed me to use the cues 1-4 and the loop-section without changing sections from "CUES" to "LOOP".

I am not using the "SLICER" section and I would like to change the mapping of the first 4 slicer buttons to CUE1-4 and the slicer buttons 5-8 to Manual Loop A (starting point of the manual loop), Manual Loop B (ending point of the loop), manual loop on/off and 1/2 (to make the loop half as long).

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:42 am
I did exactly the same thing, went from a mixtrack to a NV II. I do miss the fact that on the mixtrack you had cues and loops on the same page, because i would generally have my first cue point where i want to loop the start. So i would press the first cue and then immediately the 4 beat loop button. Now I cant do that. I have noticed though that there is a NV ii pad page on the pad page menu though. I have not played with it yet but maybe that could be customised?

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 8:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
First find your pad mode slicer mapping

change from this
holding 1000ms ? pad_page 'NVII Settings' : pad_page 'slicer' ? pad_page 'beatjump' : pad_page 'slicer'
to this
holding 1000ms ? pad_page 'NVII Settings' : pad_page 'CueManLoop' ? pad_page 'beatjump' : pad_page 'CueManLoop'

Create a new padpage called 'CueManLoop'

make pads 1 to 4 hot_cues 1 - 4 [hot_cue 1]
make pad 5 loop_in, pad 6 loop_out, pad 7 loop, pad 8 loop_half

Get that done and we'll talk shift pads and pad colours

@Andy entirely customisable, that's the point, the gfx are drawn, the buttons are mapped, just add a script, and don't worry about the default native pads if you edit them they stay edited but if you change the pad name [in vdj\pads folder] then vdj will keep your bespoke pad and recreate the default pad you overwrote
I've got 16 that I use regularly [that I bundled together with a quick select index page, see my blog about it] and 3 or 4 sketch pads

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 9:13 am
That's great. I will rename one then so I don't lose anything and have a play. Thank you for your help as always Loco.

Inviato Mon 09 Jan 17 @ 9:19 am
Thank you so much for your quick response. I've just tried it but I don't know how to create a pad page.

I've changed the mapping of PAD_MODE_SLICER like you said, but don't know what to do now. I'm sorry :/ Can you tell me how to create that new pad page?

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 10:15 am
Okay I've found out how to create pad pages and will try that now!

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 10:24 am
I've just found a time saver for you,

go to the mapping window, open the compatible controllers bit
find and select the mix track platinum
with the mapping window still open go to the pad editor,
you'll see a pad called "PL Manual" edit that [just add a space to one of the mappings]
close the editor, close vdj, go to the pads folder and find the xml named PL Manual
Rename it to "CueManLoop"

All the work has been done for you, shiftpads colours everything

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 11:13 am
That is genius :)

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 11:19 am
With a wee tweak on param2 and just a little change of the pads for hotcues you could have cues 5-8 too.

HW mapping was limited to how many layers you could handle, Pads have completely changed that.
[plus it's great that I can just write a pad page and no matter what HW the user has, it will work, 8.5k downloads to date]

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 11:58 am
Yep, this really is why VDJ rules! because with a couple of altruistic genius's like yourself, you can get it to do anything

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 12:13 pm
I'm no genius, I've caught myself out on town in odd shoes XD

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 1:20 pm
haha, well most or normally a bit eccentric :)

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 1:39 pm
Awesome. I got everything to go. I've also changed the colors and edited the shift-functions. Thank's for helping me out! Works great!

Inviato Tue 10 Jan 17 @ 2:04 pm
Amigos tengo un problema con la numark nv// suena una media hora o una hora y se para .se me cuelga y se pierde la información de las pantallas y de hay sigue sonando pero ya no me muestra la información en las pantallas no se q es ayúdame x favor gracias

Inviato Tue 06 Mar 18 @ 2:39 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)