Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Native Instruments Kontrol Z2 VU Meters And LED Not Working on Windows 7

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

NosvenLE userMember since 2015
Native Instruments Kontrol Z2 VU Meters for line A and B do not work on Windows 7, as well as headphone LED cue buttons. Any Plans to fix anytime soon?

Inviato Sun 11 Jun 17 @ 11:06 pm
not sure how you are using that on a LE license unless you are just demoing it

The VU meters are mapped to work .. maybe you are running a version too old to have the complete mapping?

maybe u need to do some updating have a look here https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/ni/z2/installation.html

from the above link might want read it all
Important notice: While it’s not required, you may also want to load a special Controller Editor profile on your system in order to optimize the visual feedback of the unit’s leds. For more information please visit the following link

Inviato Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 12:26 am
Z2 VU leds work fine here.
Which version and build are you using?

Inviato Mon 12 Jun 17 @ 8:18 pm
I'm using the demo version.

I've tried at least 4 to 5 versions in 8.2 on Windows 7 and those lights don't work. I think the latest version I'm trying is 3663. In Windows 8 and 10 they work, just not with 7.

Inviato Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 12:20 am
Have you tried on different Windows 7 machines ?
Z2 uses some complex HID functions to perform.
Therefore I would make sure that:
1) The unit has the latest firmware
2) The latest drivers are installed
3) Chipset drivers are up to date, and preferably Windows has done all it's automatic updates as well

Finally, I would try to use the unit with Traktor as well. If the unit doesn't work properly with Traktor on the same machine then it's a drivers / OS issue.
If the unit works ok with Traktor but not with VirtualDj then I would come back here to troubleshoot further the situation.

PS: I have tried on a Windows 7 machine and it works for me.

Inviato Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 12:33 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Have you tried on different Windows 7 machines ?
Z2 uses some complex HID functions to perform.
Therefore I would make sure that:
1) The unit has the latest firmware
2) The latest drivers are installed
3) Chipset drivers are up to date, and preferably Windows has done all it's automatic updates as well

Finally, I would try to use the unit with Traktor as well. If the unit doesn't work properly with Traktor on the same machine then it's a drivers / OS issue.
If the unit works ok with Traktor but not with VirtualDj then I would come back here to troubleshoot further the situation.

PS: I have tried on a Windows 7 machine and it works for me.

Thanks for all your suggestions. When it comes to Native Instruments they will tell you what a firmware update version do if they feel like telling you. For that reason I have not updated the Z2 firmware. On Traktor I have no problem plug & play.

As far as windows 7 is concern I'm on service pack 1 and I don't think I will be doing any updates. Maybe when I find time I may try a duel boot on one of my Windows 8 machine of Windows 7 with the latest service pack and see if that do the trick. I'm hesitant when it comes to updates they sometimes make things better or worse.

Inviato Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 1:30 am
https://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/downloads/drivers-other-files/
Go there, search for Z2, download and install device updater for Z2. Run Device updater. It will check the firmware and update it if needed.

Also, as I said, Z2 uses some not so common HID instructions on it's mapper. Therefore it's CRITICAL that the HID class drivers are up to date for older machines/installations

Inviato Tue 13 Jun 17 @ 7:06 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)