Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem with Filter Folders

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello,

I have a problem with Filter Folders.
When I create a Filter Folder at the beginning of the library tree, all is working (everytime).

But when I put a Filter Folder inside a Virtual Folder... the Rating fonction doesn't always work!? (all the other filters as genre, years... are working)

Maybe a little bug

Inviato Sat 28 Oct 17 @ 11:44 am
Did you set the scope of your filter on Database?

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 11:41 am
Excuse me, I don't understand!
Could you be more specific

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 7:06 pm

If you make a Filter, then you set the scope (possible: Database, Folder, Folder (Recursive)).

Inviato Sun 29 Oct 17 @ 11:30 pm
Hello Music234,

Thanks for your message.
Yes, all my filters are set on "Database"

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 4:43 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What is the actual filter?

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 4:50 pm
What is the actual filter?

I have several.

The first one is in:
WORLD (Virtual Folder)/Français (Virtual Folder)/ Français (Filter Folder. And the filter is:
Genre contains Français or genre contains française or genre contains francais or genre contains francaise and genre is not karaoke and genre is not karaoké and Rating>1

The second one is in:
RAP-R'nB (Virtual Folder)/ Rap_ Hip-Hop (Filter Folder. And the filter is:
genre contains rap or genre contains hip-hop or genres contains hip/hop and genre is not karaoke and genre is not karaoké and rating>1

With these two filter folders, all is working except the rating filter!

I have another strange thing..

In:
RAP_ R'nB (Virtual Folder)/ RnB (Filter Folder. And the filter is actually:
genre contains Rnb and rating>0

With this filter, the rating is working.
But I wanted to add;
"and genre contains R&B".
But when I do this, the filter doesn't work anymore (0 result!)

It tells me "error" with the "&" !!
It seems that we can't make a filter with "&"

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 6:09 pm
try like this

Genre contains "Français" or genre contains "française" or genre contains "francais" or genre contains "francaise" and genre is not "karaoke" and genre is not "karaoké" and Rating > 1

might work i cant test cause here i would get zero results

also R&B would definitely need to be in quotes because & is script code for and.

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 7:13 pm
Hello wickedmix,

With or without ", I have the same results. All the filters works (for example, I have 657 results with these filters.).
It's only the the rating that doesn't work (the results show me even the ones without any star).

But as I said before, I have a lot of other filters, and the rating works on them! So I don't understand why on some filters it doesn't?

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 7:27 pm
ok so like this with only one condition on genre works for me here

genre contains "deep house" and rating > 1

i suspect the multiple contains on genre is where it is going wrong because this does not work here

genre contains "deep house" or genre contains "deep" and rating > 1

it pulls the genres but skips the rating part cause i get items with zero rating.

maybe a bug or we are getting the syntax wrong not sure which.

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 8:39 pm
(genre contains 'xxxx' or genre contains 'yyyy') and rating > 1

Inviato Fri 03 Nov 17 @ 11:13 pm
we require the parenthesis then?

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 1:24 am
Hello,

wickedmix,
I have a lot of other filters with multi contains and they works fine even with the rating.
I have a problem with only a few filter folders, and I don't understand why the same synthax doesn't work on them!

PhantomDeejay & wickedmix,
the filter works with ", ' , or nothing before and after the genre (it's good to know).
But whatever I do, the rating in these two filter folders doesn't work (exactly the same things work in other filter folders!!)

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 11:05 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As PhantomDeejay said, you should try to add parenthesis.

Otherwise the rating is only used for the last genre.

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 11:15 am
Hello Adion,
I have already done the tests,
and with or without the parenthesis (single or double: ' or ") it works exactly the same way...
except if you have a genre with several words that are not attached, like HIP HOP. Then, you need to use parenthesis like that: "Hip Hop" (I know... I have made all these tests)
Same thing if you want to use & like for R&B, then, you need to use parenthesis like that: "R&B" (I fixed my problem with the & like that)

And now.. I got around my problem with the rating... but it's still very strange!

In the 2 filters wherin the rating doesn't work, I put the "Rating>0" note at the end of the formula, but at the beginning, like that:
Rating>0 and genre contains rap or genre contains hip-hop or genre contains "Hip Hop" and genre is not karaoke and genre is not karaoké

And... it works !

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 11:37 am
you have tried like this?

((Genre contains Français or genre contains française or genre contains francais or genre contains francaise) and genre is not karaoke and genre is not karaoké) and Rating>1

this is a pretty complex statement.

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 11:52 am
Hello wickedmix,

With the parenthesis like that:
(Genre contains Français or genre contains française or genre contains francais or genre contains francaise) and genre is not karaoke and genre is not karaoké) and Rating>1

It works to (good to know)

Inviato Sat 04 Nov 17 @ 12:11 pm
How do I get this working?

Year =2017 and Genre is "X-MAS" or genre is "XMAS" or genre is "Holiday" or genre is "Christmas"
Multiple Genre is it possible?

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 17 @ 4:47 pm
Year =2017 and (Genre is "X-MAS" or genre is "XMAS" or genre is "Holiday" or genre is "Christmas")

if you had followed the examples above you would see it simple all you needed was the parenthesis.

Inviato Sat 25 Nov 17 @ 5:19 pm
Filters in VirtualDJ have more or less "SQL" logic.
What you need to understand is that human brain interprets different the "and" & "or" logic than any software.
That's where parentheses come handy.
Basically you use parentheses to GROUP condition criteria to act as one unity.

Inviato Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 5:45 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)