Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: File Operations -> Delete does nothing

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

MexynPRO InfinityMember since 2016
Hi there,

im trying to delete some tracks from my library AND disk (network drive). When i select the tracks, right click --> file operations -> delete, nothing happens. Am i misunderstanding the function? I expect that it should delete these files?

Using the newest VDJ with Mac OS X High Sierra

Greetings,

Mexyn

Inviato Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 11:25 pm
do you have the correct File Permission to delete files on this network drive?

if it doesn't work outside VDJ it will not work inside VDJ.

Inviato Mon 06 Nov 17 @ 12:40 am
As wickedmix said, you must ensure you have the rights to delete files on the NAS itself.

What I would like to add though is that there's another case that "Delete" a single file may fail:
If that file is still open on prelisten player.
Other than that, file operations work perfectly on both Windows and MAC OS X

Inviato Mon 06 Nov 17 @ 8:32 am
MexynPRO InfinityMember since 2016
wickedmix wrote :
do you have the correct File Permission to delete files on this network drive?

if it doesn't work outside VDJ it will not work inside VDJ.

Well, I can delete them via Finder. But its definitely an issue with the NAS Drive, as the delete Function works with local stored files. I just dont get what it is...the drive is mounted via SMB. When i mount the drive initially (after reboot for example), then i have to enter my login and password of the NAS to be able to mount it. AFTER that, it appears in Finder as mounted drive and i can access it in VDJ too. In Finder i can delete files (without entering any login/pw again), so i would expect it should work in VDJ too, but it doesnt. Do i miss something?

Inviato Mon 06 Nov 17 @ 10:41 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)