Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Record level LOW Denon MCX8000 + VDJ 8.2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi
I want to record a set with VDJ8.2 (v3848). But the VDJ input volume seems to be very low.
Channel volume is OK but record volume is barely visible.

I'm using Denon MCX8000 controller (and thereby it's internal sound card).

I looked at my sound card settings (Recording devices) and the input volume is set at 100%.

In the ASIO settings of the MCX8000 I don't have the possibility to adjust input volume. I can only adjust the latency.

Anybody any idea what could cause this and maybe how I can make the input volume more or less equal to the channel volume ?

Thx !
Kristof

Inviato Sat 30 Dec 17 @ 11:17 pm
The record level is proportional to the gain of the master volume of the Dennon.
When you see the green bar in the record section, you need to increase the gain until it is almost peaking.
Also make sure you go into VDJ settings and check the quality is set to 320k for best results.

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 17 @ 1:13 am
Hi Micky
The master gain level on the controller has no influence on the input (record) level. (I'm not using the master out for recording. Master volume only has influence on connected hardware (speakers/amplifier) via the XLR (or RCA) Matser Out connectors)
With the master output volume (master gain) on 0 or 100%, the recordlevel stays the same.
Master Volume of the internal mixer (VDJ) is set to 100%.
Record quality is set to high (320Kbps), so that's also not the reason.
(And bitrate is only for the end-quality and has no influence on the recording level).

When I make a recording with only laptop on-board sound card (stereo-mix, no external sound card (MCX8000) connected) the recording volume is -6dB (channel volume = 0 dB) ...

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 17 @ 2:28 am
Forget the part about recording with laptop on-board sound card recording at -6dB. This had to do with my output (headphone) volume :-)

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 17 @ 2:49 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Since the configuration is master headphones, why not just remove the record line and make the recording internally?

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 17 @ 6:18 am
hello I am wondering how my friends upload quality on virtual DJ 8 but when my friends use serato or rekordbox the sound quality and my sound quality is low can answer this ???

Inviato Tue 24 Jul 18 @ 5:41 pm
@DJHARMANZ, your issue has nothing to do with this subject. Please don't hijack someone else's thread, as this is considered disrespectful. Start your own thread, and give as much detail about your issue as possible, including OS, and the version and build number of VirtualDJ that you are using, thank you.

Inviato Wed 25 Jul 18 @ 6:44 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)