Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script School - Page: 42
Trying to figure out how to have my gain go up 4 DBs when ever I hit my "Vocal" button and then switch back to match the other track when I hit the same button again.

This is my "Vocal" button now

var 'stem_page' 1 ? var 'pad_fx_sngl' 1 ? padfx_single 'echo out' 80% 1bt 'stemfx:vocal' smart_pressed : padfx 'echo out' 80% 1bt 'stemfx:vocal' smart_pressed : var 'stem_page' 0 ? stem_pad 'acapella' smart_pressed : stem_pad 'vocal' smart_pressed

Could I get some help please??

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 3:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I'm not sure oh how to raise a specific number of dB, I'd just give gain a poke up of a few % and down by the same %

( var vocalBoost 0 ? gain +0.04 & set vocalBoost 1 : gain -0.04 & set vocalBoost 0 ) & var 'stem_page' 1 ? var 'pad_fx_sngl' 1 ? padfx_single 'echo out' 80% 1bt 'stemfx:vocal' smart_pressed : padfx 'echo out' 80% 1bt 'stemfx:vocal' smart_pressed : var 'stem_page' 0 ? stem_pad 'acapella' smart_pressed : stem_pad 'vocal' smart_pressed

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 3:56 pm
Ok so your script raises the gain but does not turn and keep on the vocal when pressed.

Its close 👍🏾

EDIT

After a restart its working, just need a little more gain now.

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 4:19 pm
It's your script, I just added a bit for gain on the start in brackets so your script should work as it did.

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 4:21 pm
Ok I figured out how you boosted it but now when I turn the vocals off I went the gain to match the opposite track on the other deck??

Appreciate the help

Ok so I got it to match the gain but now my button isn't lighting up when the vocal is on. That's the last problem I got 😅

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 4:24 pm
script for the LED currently?

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 5:44 pm
It’s on a pad page and I don’t see anything.

It’s just action, pressure action and color.

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 11:03 pm
What work for me when using vocal sstem to bring up the sound is using loudmax when soloing the vocal. Loco helped me with that script also.

Inviato Sun 17 Dec 23 @ 11:38 pm
NOTE:
maybe to check the logic now of the combination script, for the button...

since one now has the gain toggling on/off ...
while the you are using smart_pressed.. which can either have a toggle, or a temporary action..

so there could be unexpected results at times...

check if all works as you wish.

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 23 @ 4:15 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
What work for me when using vocal sstem to bring up the sound is using loudmax when soloing the vocal. Loco helped me with that script also.

The script up above works just fine, no need to use a plugin. Thanks tho..

Inviato Mon 18 Dec 23 @ 2:34 pm
Hi everybody,

Question: Is there a script verb, that kann add, remove, or toggle hashtags on the browsed song. I mean the tags you can add for User 1 and User 2 field.
For me a toggle would be important. Like it can be done in the info bar done by click on the hashtag.

But as a script. Maybe something like
browsed_song_hashtag '#GG' which will add tag '#GG' if not present or will remove the tag, if it was present before.

I wish nice holidays to the team and everybody else!
Cheers Jochen

Inviato Fri 22 Dec 23 @ 11:06 am
agadj2PRO InfinityMember since 2021
Good to all,
I am analyzing many songs with multiple bpm
the program creates a poi called BEAT ANCHOR .
I have tried to add an action poi at that point with the following script.
"beatlock on & wait 500ms & beatlock off"
With this I get him to keep the mix paired
But I would like to know if it could be automated so that when making the beatanchor this action is included, either in the Poi itself or creating a new one of action.
Thank you

Inviato Wed 27 Dec 23 @ 12:52 pm
İs it possible to down the volume slowly for one of the stems. İ'm using rane four. For exanple i want to down the volume of the melody. What do i have to do

Inviato Thu 28 Dec 23 @ 4:30 pm
@ongunbuke check the first post of this thread, there's a topic on repeating scripts [rsi], you'll be manipulating
stem melody

@agadj2
not possible; a beatanchor can't hold an action, probably best to use a APOI at the start of grid unevenness and one at the end.

@EGR
It's on a tag, so you can check the tag and add to the tag with
param_contains 'HASHTAG' `get_browsed_song 'TAG'` ?
if false you can add with
browsed_song 'TAG' 'HASHTAG'

If true, removing part of a tag is not possible with script, but I do have a windows plugin that can do this.

Inviato Thu 28 Dec 23 @ 6:03 pm
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
hi! is there a script in “hotcues” pad that assign an hotcue color yellow if pad is holding 1 second or color “get_deck_color ‘absolute’ “ if pad is pressed without holding?
Thanks a lot

Inviato Sat 30 Dec 23 @ 10:34 pm
I thought you'd have been capable of that yourself.

hot_cue 1 & holding ? cue_color 1 "yellow" : get_deck_color 'absolute' & param_cast text & cue_color 1

that works for setting, but fails when you call, which I guess you got to then got stuck.

so this issue is, the order things happening; holding - either reply case does the cue exist ? exists call the cue, not exist create the cue and colour it.

holding ? has_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 "yellow" : has_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 & get_deck_color 'absolute' & param_cast text & cue_color 1

Inviato Sun 31 Dec 23 @ 12:08 am
mg_1978PRO InfinityMember since 2008
your script is perfect 👌 thanks!

Inviato Mon 01 Jan 24 @ 7:30 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
I have programmed my track button to do different things depending on where the cursor is, so when on the 'Ask The DJ' folder I can't check

browser_window "sideview" ? sideview "askthedj://" ? search "`get_browsed_song 'message'`"

to get Virtual DJ to search music for the song highlighted.

However there is also the "Recommended Next" & "Similar Songs" folders within Sideview, and also now we have "Charts" under Folders.
All these folders allow searching so is there any way to detect when I in a searchable folder, or to specifically test for these folders (and subfolders where Charts is concerned) to trigger search when browsing them.
I know the easiest thing would be to program a dedicated button or key to search no matter where you are, but I wondered if this was possible.
Thanks anway.

Inviato Sat 06 Jan 24 @ 11:34 pm
using
get_sideview_title & debug
would have given you hints for the sideview
they return the string "remixes" no matter which it is (next, similar....)

then looking for something common for chart listings, like filepath is always empty, let's look what it really returns
get_browsed_filepath & debug

they all return "search://SOMECATALOGUENUMBER"
so first 9 chars are always "search://"

we can, param_cast text 9
to get just the first 9 chars then make that part of a test for equivalency

browser_window sideview ? sideview "askthedj://" ? search "`get_browsed_song 'message'`" : sideview remixes ? search "`get_browsed_song title`" : : browser_window songs ? param_equal `get_browsed_filepath & param_cast text 9` "search://" ? search "`get_browsed_song title`" : load

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 24 @ 12:48 am
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Ok so you are absolutely amazing, I am gonna have to sit down & think about what you’ve said in the morning after work but the fact that you are able to offer a solution so quickly is mind blowing, I am gonna play in the morning & thank you so much

Inviato Sun 07 Jan 24 @ 3:31 am
92%