Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Help!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm feeling worthless here cuz I can't figure out what the problem is..

I have a Gemini ES-210MXBLU and I signed up for VirtualDJ..I Can't get any song to play through the speakers at all. I have a Mac and I bought the USB male ends to hook up to both Mac and sound board and my board reads as PC...I don't know what option to choose thru Virtual DJ to make it work and there isn't a CS number to call and ask.

This was recommended because it was easy and user friendly....I'm beginning to think differently.
Please help anyone,,
thanks,

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 2:47 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just teething problems my friend, can I have a screen shot of your audio config please.

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 3:00 am
Hmm looking at the spec http://geminisound.com/product/es-210mxblu it's got a usb but I don't think it's a usb stereo channel in, I think it just reads pen/external drives.
If that's the case we might be struggling.

How long have you had this gemini? If for only a short time I'd consider returning it as it's not really made for djing... it's just an amp so you'll run into difficulties monitoring your incoming track (need more kit to make it work)
trying to think what can be done... hmm, a cheap audio interface maybe and a couple of leads, let me dig while you get that screen shot

a simple answer to keep your gemini's is get a Numark DJ2GO2 for $60 and a 1/8 inch to to 2 rca's

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 3:23 am
It keeps rejecting the picture I keep trying to load. I think I’m just going to return it. It’s just not working for me on any avenue I’m taking.

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 3:27 am
For Virtual DJ. What sound system would you recommend? This Gemini was recommended for me and it got me nowhere.

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 3:28 am
The pic wouldn't ever load. I have tried several times. I did make up my mind though and decided to go ahead and return it while I still can. I didn't like this system anyways because it was only 600W and I don't think it would have pushed out very much. I do like this virtual DJ and I want to continue to use this. So..my new question if you don't mind.. Most of you guys have been doing this a lot longer than I have ever dreamed of and know more than myself...

Without breaking the bank, what system would you recommend for me getting? Here is what I have computer wise.
I have a MacBook Pro that has a USB-C hook up. So I bought a USB-c connector that allows me to have a USB cord hook up to another USB hook up versus the USB-c. I want something that sounds really good and pushes great sound. The only thing I want to add to the board is a microphone for wedding receptions, etc... and headphones when needed. So I was thinking an amp with maybe 3-4 lines. But that is as far as I go because I bought the wrong thing this past time. I have googled and youtube myself to death but its not giving me the answers I'm looking for. I still want to use the Virtual DJ platform because I have gotten used to it so a mixer board with the turn tables doesn't need to happen.

What would you say on something like this?

I have spent hours on Amazon and I ended up still getting the wrong thing and it even wasn't compatible with VDJ..

Thank you very much.
If this is too much to ask or help me with , I understand and I won't bother anymore. I can just cancel my subscription and save me some $$$

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 4:50 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Think you have bought a speaker system that can be playing from an usb stick.

Probably you will need a controller to get your music out to the speaker, or just get the 3,5 mm phono from the computer to the speaker for just get the audio out.
You will get sound but you will not be able to mix with headphones through that speakers or computer.

Here is all the controllers that will work with vdj: https://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html?category=index

With a smaller budget I would go with something like this: https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/product/controller/ddj-sb2/black/overview/

Good Luck !

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 4:52 am
I honestly think that the gemini's usb isn't for sound, but I can't be sure, could you try post the image to tinypic or somewhere like that.

I think they will be fine with an entry level controller, like the dj2go2, so you can monitor your cueing deck and you have a few dials to play with,
It as well. Depending on your budget, there's better controllers for not much more money
mac>usb>dj2go>1/8inch stereo to 2 rca's>gemini

As for active speakers I honestly can't say, I always run an amp stack, I'd say stick with the gemini's because you liked something about them and sink $60 to $160 on a controller with an audio interface, even if you traded up on the speakers then you'll still need an audio interface to monitor you cue. And the price starts climbing too quick for somebody starting out.

The dj2go2 for what it costs/does is very good value/solves your problem and when you want a bigger controller you can still use it as an auxiliary controller, or a light weight back up.

*edit, ok you're ditching the gemini's good call (probably a bit weak , what's the total budget? you'll need different active speakers, and by the sound of it a controller.

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 5:00 am
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Regarding speakers
Do you need to bring your own PA ?
I dont know how big venues you play at, if you do smaller things like weddings for 50 ppl or doing club gigs.

The difference is the sound pressure and quality, as you know and perhaps googled there is gear that cost a fortune.
You can almost say that you get what you pay for..

If you looking for smaller setup I would recommend this: http://www.yamahaproaudio.com/northamerica/en_us/products/pasystems/stagepas_400i600i/

This speakers is like the ones you have. It only plays usb sticks and you still need a controller for vdj, but there is an internal mixer that you can use more mics and there is a couple of models for using Bluetooth.

And you can easily upgrade this with subs etc. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aHTx4g2_b8

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 5:36 am
Anywhere from 600-1000 was the budget for that part of it because I didn't know and I also don't want to be laughed off of the stage as well because an I-phone sounded better than my setup did. The only reason I was going to return the Gemini ( and that was the exact one that I bought that was recommended to me) was because it had the built in amp for it and I bought the USB-c adapter for Mac and the USB male-male cord to hook Mac up to the Amp and it was a no go for me no matter what I did and what option I chose on the preference page on Virtual DJ. I didn't see where VDJ supported the Gemini that I bought. When I had music playing through the speakers by bluetooth, there wasn't hardly any bass to it at all. It was also 600 W and I didn't think that was that much power pushing out. Especially if I start doing my local school's proms this year.

So with me keeping the Gemini's PA speakers, but adding a subwoofer and Pioneer DJ DDJ-SB2 Portable 2-channel controller for Serato DJ, I should be up and going good then?

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 6:58 am
Dariendb wrote :
I want something that sounds really good and pushes great sound

You're not going to get that with Gemini! A pair of 10" Speakers with 300W total output, that cost under £300. Forget it.

Get yourself a DJ controller (listed here) and a pair of powered PA speakers. IMO you'll need your entire budget. Spend more on the speakers - maybe a 60/40 or 70/30 split.

The speakers (if used sans sub) will need to be 12" or 15" to get reasonable bass.

Inviato Sun 29 Jul 18 @ 8:28 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)