Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Same view (columns) for playlists?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello everyone,

I recently noticed that when I browse to a playlists I see a complete different view regarding the columns than in every other point in the whole structure. So it's one setting for playlists and another one for folders, virtual folders, filter folders.
This leads me to some questions:
1) why? ;)
2) can i (always) get the same view for playlists?

What I've done so far:
Tested the latest version of VDJ on a fresh windows -> looks still different so I guess I've done nothing wrong ;)
looked at the settings/options for "view" and "playlist" -> didn't found a solution
searched the forum for "playlist" and "playlist view" -> didn't found a solution

Then I searched the setting.xml and found the solution by making a diff of two different settings:
"<browserColumns>file=...|" seems to be the seeting for all but playlists
"file(play)=...| seems to be the one for the playlists only
so I copied the settings from "file=...|"
BUT: I really would like to have a solution to always have the same view for both :)

kind regards
Marcus

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 4:07 pm
There isn't a solution. you need to set each category manually.

Would be good if you could create a "view" and universally copy it but it's not possible at present.

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 4:11 pm
Actually the different views are by design, since different type of elements need different information to be shown.
For instance I absolutely love the separation between playlists, history and virtual folders. I have tweak all 3 of these different views to show me the info I want and need on each one of them. (Yes, I don't need the same info to be shown on all 3 situations)

Inviato Sun 26 Aug 18 @ 5:57 pm
I absolutely understand this point of view and for history-files, which basically are playlists, I 100% agree.
The only thing I was asking for (and hopefully I'm not the only one) is a like a checkbox in settings/options that enable the user to keep all views the same. If this option isn't checked then the behavior is like the actual one...

For me it's a "nice to have" as I found the solution to reach my goal but maybe others aren't so into editing the config files by hand ;)

Tip: Another easy workaround is to create a new virtual folder and copy & paste the content of the playlist to this virtual folder...done :)

Inviato Mon 27 Aug 18 @ 7:57 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)