Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Helllp. Changing tags then breaking tags.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Here's the scenario: I use iTunes and Virtual DJ..... they share the same song catalogue, mostly. Some songs are just on VDJ (Atomix content unlimited). Some songs are just on Itunes. I swap between the two libraries often but I'm careful. I would only change tags in VDJ, because if I changed tags in iTunes it would break all my files in VJ. And then if I do a big tag-keyword haul I will accidentally break all my songs / in my hundreds of tons of playlists. then I'd have to go back through 10,000 songs and individually find and locate them in iTunes again. I am beyond a crazy person but I keep doing this. WTF am I doing wrong? I don't get it. I'm OCD about having a clean library but I can't keep doing this.

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 18 @ 12:01 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
What do you mean break the files in your playlists?
As long as the filename is the same the files should still show up fine in VDJ.

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 18 @ 12:05 pm
I change a song's tag in VDJ (like Album Title or Year)... then I open that same song file in iTunes. If I've changed the Album Title in VDJ, once I click the iTunes song it will update right there. Thennnnn I go back to the same song in VDJ, it's broken (red slash error). My entire VDJ library is riddled with broken files.

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 18 @ 12:21 pm
iTunes is probably moving your files to a new folder that matches album name.

Just a guess .....

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 18 @ 12:27 pm
That's a good hunch... sorry I'm having trouble describing this... this all started happening cause I did a massive album cover art haul. I went through my entire VDJ library and did this. When I went to check in iTunes the new covers populated. Then I returned to VDJ and everything was broken. This has never failed so bad. I could change tags in VDJ and they'd appear in itunes and that was good.

Inviato Fri 31 Aug 18 @ 12:32 pm
Why are you even using iTunes? VDJ has a perfectly adequate library and database of its own.

I understand if maybe you have an iPhone/iPad (like I do), but then you don't need to access iTunes from VDJ - it has its own database.

I do have iTunes on my computer, because I have an iPhone and iPad, but I don't link that with my VDJ library. I keep them separate and I have no issues with broken file links.

Inviato Sat 01 Sep 18 @ 10:27 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)