Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Odyssey vs ProX Cases

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm ready to buy a nice case for my DDJ-1000 Pioneer controller. Visually I can't tell the difference between these two units. Price is about $100 difference though. Any comments from the group?

Inviato Wed 26 Sep 18 @ 11:35 pm

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 1:02 pm
ProX is trash! They won’t last, all my flight cases are Odyssey.....

Spend the extra money, you paid a lot for your gear so why skimp on protecting it??

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 4:00 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
ProX is trash! They won’t last, all my flight cases are Odyssey.....

Spend the extra money, you paid a lot for your gear so why skimp on protecting it??

I find it hard to believe its trash. Without something quantifiable to share I will consider your opinion invalid.

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 7:33 pm
Believe what you want or better yet, buy both cases and just compare the quality. You'll be sending the ProX back. Its that simple........

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 10:41 pm
Believe what you want or better yet, buy both cases and just compare the quality. You'll be sending the ProX back. Its that simple........

I have owned both an Odyssey case and ProX case for other brand controllers and I have been very happy with my last purchase being the ProX. My question specifically targeted the Pioneer DDJ-1000. If I base my judgement on my current experience with both, I find both are quite acceptable in quality. Therefore I opted for the ProX case and pocketed $100 which I used for other equipment. Using language like "trash" does nothing to help others and is non value added on this forum so my advice to you is to be better at offering your experience and opinion on equipment.

Inviato Thu 27 Sep 18 @ 11:44 pm
I'm glad you found a case that meets your needs. However, when I ask for an opinion, I'm willing to accept the response. You asked for an opinion, and he gave you his. You don't have to accept it, but he did take the time to give you his experience. Your experience was quite different, and that is all that matters.

Inviato Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 6:08 am
I'm using the Swan Flight case.
It does not have a laptop shelf, but, for the size of the controller, I prefer it that way.

Swan Flightcase

Inviato Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 6:52 am
jberenyi wrote :

I have owned both an Odyssey case and ProX case for other brand controllers and I have been very happy with my last purchase being the ProX. My question specifically targeted the Pioneer DDJ-1000. If I base my judgement on my current experience with both, I find both are quite acceptable in quality. Therefore I opted for the ProX case and pocketed $100 which I used for other equipment. Using language like "trash" does nothing to help others and is non value added on this forum so my advice to you is to be better at offering your experience and opinion on equipment.

Fair enough.....

Real world experience, had bought the ProX cases for my turntables. After about 6 months the handles started to feel loose. After further inspection The rivets had started to give way. So I took the cases to work popped them out and replaced them with a heavier duty rivet.

Then on the other case one of the panels cracked!! They always felt a little flimsy to me but I’ve never had either of those problems happen with my Odyssey cases or my Road Ready cases......

Good luck

Inviato Fri 28 Sep 18 @ 7:09 pm
Just to balance the scales here is what was recently sent to ProX and shared with me. Glad I ordered theirs.

Hello,
I'm hoping this is the correct email address but I would just like to thank you for the quality products you build. Recently my company has had a terrible event happen. Our equipment trailer was intentionally set on fire and the majority of our equipment was completely destroyed. Luckily, one of the few things that survived both the fire and the fire departments water hoses was our new Midas M32 inside a ProX Roadcase. I'd like to thank you for building quality cases and let you know you've made a lifetime customer. I've attached some photos that you can use however you want.
Thank you,
Tim

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 18 @ 12:18 pm
I hope they are not trying to imply a wood case is fireproof cause that would be nonsense .. that looks like a lucky coincidence to me.

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 18 @ 12:28 pm
wickedmix wrote :
I hope they are not trying to imply a wood case is fireproof cause that would be nonsense .. that looks like a lucky coincidence to me.

I agree but it was nice for him to comment back to ProX.

Inviato Sat 29 Sep 18 @ 1:52 pm
jberenyi wrote :

Fair enough.....

Real world experience, had bought the ProX cases for my turntables. After about 6 months the handles started to feel loose. After further inspection The rivets had started to give way. So I took the cases to work popped them out and replaced them with a heavier duty rivet.

Then on the other case one of the panels cracked!! They always felt a little flimsy to me but I’ve never had either of those problems happen with my Odyssey cases or my Road Ready cases......

Good luck

Inviato Fri 26 Jun 20 @ 3:19 pm
Had an SX2 in a prox case for years, and a ddj1000 in a prox case since VDJ supported it. My advice, save the money and get the prox...never had an issue. I have also taken my sx2 on a plane a few times too.

Good luck!

Inviato Sat 27 Jun 20 @ 1:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)