Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Any users of Akai LPD8? problems mapping with VDJ

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hey Guys!

I have recently started to play around with DJing and purchased the Numark PartyMix as a starter deck. It came with the VDJ limited license. after a few months of learning i realized that I also wanted some additional pads that I could optimize which is not available on the party mix (Already customised all of the pads on this deck) and purchased the Akai LPD8. I wanted to customize it with the default mapping in VDJ but it did not do what i asked the controller to do (For example, i set Pad 1 as pause, but it did not react).

I think I've read just about any thread about this controller and downloaded all the presets but it still seems not to be working.

Does anyone have any presets that could give me in order to get this thing working? I could be doing something wrong and I'm slowly losing hope.

Thanks for your help!

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 19 @ 4:34 pm
The presets of the VDJ mappings do work - but they are kind of heard to load using the preset loader from akai
As I recall it VDJ should be closed when doing it, and make sure the loader tell you it's loaded and saved - then repeat 4 times
After that you can start remapping

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 19 @ 6:49 pm
I made sure i quit all of the apps before running the editor to make sure that nothing causes any problems; still nothing.

presets upload just fine in the editor but somehow virtual dj does not allow mapping for this device?

Additionally, when i use the mapping in settings of VDJ it recognizes all of the buttons and when they are pressed etc. however when I command them to do something simple like pause, loop or play it just simply does not work.

When downloading the presets all of the files also had scripts in them - maybe they don't work because i didn't not include them anywhere? (I have no idea where they go, its my first day trying to get a grasp of mapping the device).

Thanks for the help so far!

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 19 @ 8:19 pm
I can try recording a video for you. Hold on...

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 19 @ 9:25 pm
Here is how I've done it
The video shows how to download and install an old mapping for the AKAI LPD8, including loading presets, testing it, and remapping a couple of pads to play samples

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 19 @ 10:30 pm
I see! Thank you very much it seems very easy when you explain it in the video.

Unfortunately i won't be able to download the presets that are on the virtualdj website as my license does not permit that (im only using the one from my controller - numark partymix).

Doess that make the LPD8 obselete? Im only djing as a hobby and dont want/ can't afford the pro license.

Thanks for all of your help though, im sure other people with this device can benefit from it :)

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 19 @ 11:06 pm
Girthy Cactus wrote :
I see! Thank you very much it seems very easy when you explain it in the video.

Unfortunately i won't be able to download the presets that are on the virtualdj website as my license does not permit that (im only using the one from my controller - numark partymix).

Doess that make the LPD8 obselete? Im only djing as a hobby and dont want/ can't afford the pro license.

Thanks for all of your help though, im sure other people with this device can benefit from it :)

Hmm... I'm not too sure about adding additional hardware when you have a limited license, so you may need a new license to do that no matter what

Hopefully someone else can answer that

Inviato Tue 01 Jan 19 @ 11:11 pm
The LE licence won't allow the use of any controller other than the one it's issued with.

Inviato Wed 02 Jan 19 @ 11:45 pm
So the quick n dirty method doesn't seem to be working. I just got the editor from the software and it won't read those preset files. Help!

Also there is no more "load" button. There's an open file option but again, it won't read the old preset files.

Inviato Tue 15 Jun 21 @ 7:31 am
perhaps an option is to send me a screenshot of your mapping codes? So I can just copy them if I can't uplaod presets.

Inviato Tue 15 Jun 21 @ 7:37 am
DJ Crescent Sun wrote :
perhaps an option is to send me a screenshot of your mapping codes? So I can just copy them if I can't uplaod presets.

I can see that I did a video about it a while back (I totally forgot about that)
It's a couple of posts above yours
Does the video help you?

Inviato Tue 15 Jun 21 @ 8:03 am
Yeah i found your vid before i found this thread.

It seems the editing software has updated and it's not compatible with the presets. I can't find any presets that are compatible so I'd have to enter all the pad program mappings manually

Inviato Tue 15 Jun 21 @ 8:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)