Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Copy to operation fails silently without warning message

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

SerinePRO InfinityMember since 2013
I am trying to copy a bunch of music files onto a USB drive.

When I select the entirety of my filter folder to do this, it just doesn't copy. There is no warning message. If I select only a portion of the folder, it works fine.

It's not disk space because I have 10GB free and am trying to copy 2.3GB according to the tag inspector. I'm using the latest early update version: v8.3 b4720

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 19 @ 4:35 pm
It could be something that I discovered (and reported here) some time ago. Sounds like it's still not fixed.

If any of the listed tracks are missing, then the whole lot fails - no warning, no clue as to why. It just doesn't work.

My advice would be to check carefully through the folder and make sure all the tracks are present & correct.

Inviato Fri 04 Jan 19 @ 5:31 pm
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yep, reported it long time ago...

It keeps bugging me all the time.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 1:14 pm
I have also found if you copy files to an external drive VDJ doesn't create a database on it.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 1:40 pm
I can understand that - because when you're copying files, you're not necessarily doing it to use with VDJ.

VDJ only creates a database (or should) when you instruct it to, by pointing it to your files.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 1:45 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Unless there was a permission problem creating the database file, VDJ should create a database on the drive in.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 2:01 pm
Adion wrote :
in that case

In what case?

Also, can you please address the issue raised by the OP?

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 4:19 pm
The case that permissions didn't prevent creating the file.

Regarding the original issue, it is indeed correct that the operation aborts if any file copy fails.
Will see if that can be changed in the future.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 4:30 pm
Ideally it would just skip the file(s) and continue, with notification(s) at the end. We don't really want interruptions during the copying, because we may want to leave it unattended.

I don't think a database should be created unless the user chooses to add the content of the drive to VDJ. People aren't always copying files for use with VDJ. For example I may copy files onto a flash drive to play when I'm driving - I don't need a VDJ database on there.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 4:59 pm
Option to create DB on copy or move Yes/No then?

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 5:10 pm
The database file takes less than 1% of the drives' space, so I don't think it's any issue that it's created when it's not needed.
The opposite is more difficult though, if it turns out it was needed, the information may not be available anymore.

Inviato Sat 05 Jan 19 @ 5:56 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)