Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Internet connection from a mobile phone hotspot

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
My laptop internet connection fails..maybe after about 4 hours. It starts off fine doing little and then after a long while it has to get an obscure song. Often it fails. I had an easy job and using another laptop proved it was not the phone. So it is something to do with win 10. I have disabled power saving for the wifi adaptor. There are other settings I have checked such as servises. Anyway I'm struggling..I have two phones and two possible hotspots. When it fails I need to reboot the laptop to regain a connection.

Inviato Fri 03 May 19 @ 2:26 am
How does it fail?

wifi connection lost

Connected to hotspot , but not routing network traffic?

Inviato Fri 03 May 19 @ 9:23 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
This is not so strange, in fact Win10 often disconnect from wifi and silently reconnect if possible. What i can see is that wifi direct is working a little better but not fully stable either. It looks like win10 wifi tries to connect to better internet connection when speed seems too slow for it as Android do.
The other problem is win10 firewall rules are not updated to new connections win10 find or interpret as new one
Win 10 interpret any connection to hotspot as new one when the phone was disconnected from internet i.e. GSM signal lost
To workaround some spurious wrong reconnections attempt, only allow the hotspot as auto connect

as a more stable connection use usb connection sharing
it have the same firewall issues but does not disconnect and this way there is only a new connections each time you plug the phone again

Inviato Fri 03 May 19 @ 4:41 pm
Just no internet connection, no matter how many times I try and even on a different hotspot. The hotspots are seen.

Hm I tried usb but did not realize power saving was "on" on the wifi adaptor, the two together may solve the problem. There is also something called wifi sense ..I think that’s what you are describing.

Inviato Fri 03 May 19 @ 6:55 pm
Either a config issue or a bad wifi card.

I can use my ipad as a remote with RDP for 6 hour gigs and it never disconnects.

You can get USB external wifi cards for £15. That may solve the issue.

Inviato Fri 03 May 19 @ 7:17 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Of course it may be some config issue or bad wifi card or bad drivers too
it may also be caused by wifi channel saturation in big city and buildings
better use a free 5Ghz chanel when possible but a 2.4Ghz one in those cases

When conditions are optimal/good as at home i stay connect for days without any issue from my old S5 as main router... well not RDP but WIFI VIDEO + ArtNet + VBAN and internet for laptops, phone ... Spacedesk + QLC+ + Voicemeeter VBAN + Connectify + VDJ... - Wireless Audio & Video & Lights & net

Badly for me most of the time elsewhere the problem raises when hard to join / unstable GSM network and slow/no internet when far away from a big town and local NET/WIFI
As sharing USB network is always OK you also may want to use the phone as a free WIFI/2/3/4G dongle just configure it to use smart WIFI+4G
note some FAI were filtering some request maybe some already do in this case specifying a DNS in client was solving the problem

WARN "wifi sense" is the ability to auto connect to/share wifi connection with so called "friends" from social networks and contacts. avoid it specially during gig

Inviato Sat 04 May 19 @ 12:26 am
I'm doing an extended test through the night and morning. I set my mobile phone hotspot as a metered connection. When checking Windows updates I found a Samsung modem driver update / install !!!! I'm using my old S4 to just provide a connection. Pushbullet runs on my newer phone. The other thing is I'm using budget providers Asda and Tesco. I'm not sure but Asda might be more stable. I'll spend more on this problem if needed.

Note that aeroplane mode is on so WiFi sense or whatever is not a problem.

Inviato Sat 04 May 19 @ 2:13 am
https://drivers.softpedia.com/get/MOBILES/Samsung/SAMSUNG-Mobile-USB-Modem-Driver-21210for-Windows-10.shtml

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads/

About USB Driver:

In order for your phone to communicate with your PC, you need to install the proper USB drivers and connect the two via a USB cable. Your operating system may automatically install a generic USB driver, but these are often limited and do not offer the full range of features that drivers custom-tailored for your mobile phone usually offer.

It is highly recommended that you uninstall any previous Phone to PC USB drivers you may already have on your personal computer, because they may interfere with the installation process.

Most mobile phones come with an installation CD with software applications, including the USB driver that you need. You might not be interested in installing the Software Suite but, unfortunately, there is no workaround for some devices, and the only way to install the USB drivers is by installing the provided software.

When the software is outdated, it can cause problems when trying to get your device recognized by the computer. In this case, you should try to download the driver separately, making sure you choose the one that is specifically made for your device.

I think a lot of things can interfere with an internet connection.

Inviato Sat 04 May 19 @ 8:54 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)