Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Auto fade out

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Looking for a way to automatically fade out a song after 2 minutes of playing. Is it by using POI and the fadeout verb? If so, can someone supply the syntax.

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 8:24 pm
It's built in to VDJ now in options whilst using automix

automixMaxLength 120

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 8:36 pm
Even if I want to fade to silence?

Inviato Wed 05 Jun 19 @ 11:19 pm
No, it's only for cutting one playing track in to another.

Inviato Thu 06 Jun 19 @ 6:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It can be done but I need to understand the context why you're doing this to give you a script.

Inviato Thu 06 Jun 19 @ 6:54 am
During an evening of DJing, there are typically 2 or 3 songs where the client wants to cut short the song because they are too long. Instead of me manually fading out the song at a pre-determined point (such as 2 mins into it), I would like to set a specific point in these few songs ahead of time, so that when I play them, they will automatically fade out to silence at that predetermined point. This will give me the ability to be "hands off" after I start the song, and can leave my DJ area as needed.

Inviato Thu 06 Jun 19 @ 7:32 pm
There are probably several ways, but yes a POI is one option

For instance an action POI at the 2 min mark like:
repeat_start_instant 'fadeout' 200ms 20 & level -5% & level 0% ? pause

Just remember that it will ALWAYS work - so it's probably a good idea to set it on a copy of the track

Inviato Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 8:20 am
THANK YOU SO MUCH! This is exactly what I was looking for!

Inviato Fri 07 Jun 19 @ 3:25 pm
When I first saw this thread, I assumed it would/should be possible in the POI editor, but I think there should be a much simpler way of achieving this.

Some preset buttons for example, or some new POI types. Perhaps the Track Cleaner should become the Track Editor and have things like 'fade out' added to it...

Inviato Sat 08 Jun 19 @ 6:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)