Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Tag Editor Does Not Read .FLAC The Same As .MP3

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

When reading tags the tag editor reads my .mp3 files fine. However .flac files the tag editor does not read the year and comment fields. I downloaded the same file from the same program and .mp3 read fine. .flac files are missing year and comment field information. If I was doing just a few files this is not a problem. I am doing over 6,000 files and have to fill in the fields every time. Is there a solution to this or should I just grin and bear it?

Inviato Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 2:23 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Are you sure the flac files contain the year in the tag then? Virtualdj can read flac tags so it should work

Inviato Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 3:14 am
I download the song. I fill in the information in the windows file explorer, Title, Comments, Contributing Artist, Date & Genre. When I import it into VDJ the year and comment fields are blank.

Inviato Thu 06 Feb 20 @ 1:34 pm
FLAC uses Description field instead of comment in VDJ

but year is the same

Inviato Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 2:03 am
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
On the tag editor screen the flac tags available are underneath the boxes. Click the little circle with the up arrow and it will import the tag. There is a comment tag but no year.

Inviato Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 2:20 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Will fix. It looks like Windows Explorer uses a non-standard way to store the comments and year (using YEAR and DESCRIPTION fields instead of DATE and COMMENT fields)

Inviato Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 9:17 am
Thanks Adion for your help.

Inviato Fri 07 Feb 20 @ 3:34 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)