Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can you move shaders to a new pc?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Not doing this right now but just thinking down the road when I may get a new laptop, can I just copy the shader files in the visualizations folder to the new one, or do I have to find all the links and let it re-download and compile on its own. I did that before moving from 32bit to 64bit and it was a pain. So if anyone has tried this let me know, just looking for confirmation before I potentially get a new device down the road

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 6:16 pm
LIMOLPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello,
you can make a copy of the Visualisations Folder and paste it into the plugins folder of the new computer

Directory path
C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins

or you can download it by clicking on the Config button / extensions tab / effect / visualization
and look for the shader effect and download

you should know in 64bits there are some effect that does not work

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 7:13 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Shaders are compiled at load time to fit Architecture and Hardware
So that if both laptop have same you can
in all other cases, keep the list of and reload + recompile is needed

Inviato Sun 12 Apr 20 @ 7:13 pm
Nicotux wrote :
Shaders are compiled at load time to fit Architecture and Hardware
So that if both laptop have same you can
in all other cases, keep the list of and reload + recompile is needed

By Same Architecture you mean 64 vs 32bit, as well as OS I'm guessing? If I switched from win10 6th Gen i7 running 64bit to win10 on a new laptop with 10th Gen chip I should be fine I'm guessing?

Inviato Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 1:08 am
LIMOL wrote :
Hello,
you can make a copy of the Visualisations Folder and paste it into the plugins folder of the new computer

Directory path
C:\Users\XXXXX\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins

or you can download it by clicking on the Config button / extensions tab / effect / visualization
and look for the shader effect and download

you should know in 64bits there are some effect that does not work

Thanks,

Yeah when I switched to 64bit vdj I went based off a list I had and recompiled and couldn't use some of them. Recently a lot I try to add from shaderytoy just in general have been saying download not available when vdj tries to download them

Inviato Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 1:09 am
This may help you
In the video description are links to packs of shaders for the different platforms, so that no re-download and compiling should be needed:

Inviato Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 6:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)