Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 4 Deck question- audio tracks in A&B, visual mp4s in C & D.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Rcu1377PRO InfinityMember since 2010
I'm trying to play audio only tracks in decks A & B. In decks C & D I have some visual loop mp4s with various BPM audio click tracks. I want to play Decks A & B and have C deck start at the same time I play A, same for C & D. I have the audio faders down on C & D. That way I can 'sync' the visuals to the audio track BPMs. I'm finding it awkward to keep jumping around for souce decks and 4 play buttons using my controller or the laptop cursor. Any tips or ideas? Thanks.

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 1:33 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Try mapping something like this on a key / button (adjust to your needs)

play_pause & play ? get_deck 1 ? deck 3 loaded ? play_pause : nothing : get_deck deck 2 ? deck 4 loaded ? play_pause : nothing : nothing : get_deck 1 ? deck 3 play ? play_pause : nothing : get_deck 2 ? deck 4 play ? play_pause : nothing

Deck1 selected play deck 1 & deck 3 if it is loaded only press again to stop (both if needed)
Deck 2 selected play deck 2 & deck 4 if loaded only
Deck 3 or 4 selected : normal play_pause on them

instead of audio faders down on C & D you can use mute

play_pause & play ? get_deck 1 ? deck 3 loaded ? play_pause & mute on : nothing : get_deck deck 2 ? deck 4 loaded ? play_pause & mute on : nothing : nothing : get_deck 1 ? deck 3 play ? play_pause & mute off : nothing : get_deck 2 ? deck 4 play ? play_pause & mute off : nothing

Inviato Thu 23 Apr 20 @ 3:08 am
Thanks for the info. I think I was over complicating trying to beatmatch visuals to the tracks. This method seems to be a lot easer:
1) Create different folders of the visualls (120, 125, 128, etc).
2) Put the already tempo based videos into their respective BPM folder.
3)Just use 2 deck audio-only = slideshow and then keep the slideshow panel open.
4) Select the new folder to use once the BPM changes during the set. This seems to be a lot easer during performance.
Not perfect but close enough to getting a beat match.

I thought using a click track on the visuals (faders down on those decks0 and then play in a 3 and 4 deck and syncing would give me more flexibility. Doing this tonight so don't have much more time to experiment.
I'm mixing music videos with audio only tracks and keeping the source buttons right between the 4 decks was adding a layer of effort.

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 5:05 pm
you can use
* "deck 3 sync 1" and "deck 4 sync 2" to make them more close
* and play_onbeat if needed
* set "deck 3 leftvideo " and "deck 4 rightvideo" may help

Inviato Fri 24 Apr 20 @ 5:27 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Nicotux wrote :
Try mapping something like this on a key / button (adjust to your needs)

Deck1 selected play deck 1 & deck 3 if it is loaded only press again to stop (both if needed)
Deck 2 selected play deck 2 & deck 4 if loaded only
Deck 3 or 4 selected : normal play_pause on them

I am trying to get deck A (1) and deck B (2) to play together and not A (1)and C (3) when mapped to a key. and pressed can you switch the mapping please.

Inviato Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 2:52 am
this maybe a more difficult due to default assignments there may be a lot of possible side effects and automations between A & B

as A is leftdeck B is rightdeck and A is leftvideo B is rightvideo A is leftcrossfader B is leftcrossfader take advantage of over_video

something like this may be ok, (may remove the sync x & if computer is too slow)

play_pause & play ? get_deck 1 ? deck 2 loaded ? sync 1 & play_onbeat & mute on & over_video : nothing : get_deck deck 2 ? deck 1 loaded ? sync 2 & play_onbeat & mute on & over_video : nothing : play_pause : get_deck 1 ? deck 2 play ? play_pause & mute off : nothing : get_deck 2 ? deck 1 play ? play_pause & mute off : nothing

if only to make deck A audio and deck B video
deck 1 play_pause & play ? deck 2 loaded ? sync 1 & play_onbeat & mute on & over_video : nothing : deck 2 play ? play_pause & mute off : nothing

Inviato Sat 25 Apr 20 @ 4:42 am
Thank you for the info. I will need to do some experimenting. I would prefer to use 4 decks and just like the visual click tracks sync up with the A&B audio only songs. Mixes were getting complicated going from music videos to audio only tracks and fumbling with all the source during a blend. Gave up too quick maybe. Don't like having to make the songs with certain visual BPM folders like 120, 125, 128, etc. Just let the click track on the visual loop change tempo because you really can't tell its any different on the visual loops.

Inviato Mon 27 Apr 20 @ 12:35 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)