Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Suddenly Audio Sub System Problems - PEAK AUDIO high

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hello guys, I'm using VDJ since 9 years and never had problems like this. As I started my new mix yesterday, I've got immense sound problems with cracking and dropouts. As I looked to the CPU meter, I saw that CPU and RAM were fine, but PEAK AUDIO went partly till 200%. I used exactly the same preferences, master volume, gain etc. as usual. Preferences changes like Ultra Latency switch off did not help. It only worked again reasonably, when I switched off some FX on my controller (Denon MC 4000) to reduce the PEAK AUDIO %. Also the PEAK AUDIO on CPU meter raised up when I still broadcasted at the same time to Mixcloud. But I'm broadcsting every week for 5 hours that way. I never had problems before with exactly this setup !

The problem is now, to detect the reason for this, because on friday (one day before these problems) I had :
1. New VDJ software update 8.4 b5872
2. New Update for my VDJ Skin
3. Windows 10 Functions Update 2004

So, I don't know, which of these updates are possibly responsible for these sound problems. Otherwise I did change nothing !

What do you think, is the most likely reason of these three different updates for these suddenly sound problems ?

Hope for help, thank you in advance.

Tom

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 8:36 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
2 wouldn't make a difference.
I'd guess 3 is the culprit, run latencyMon to see if it finds any gremlins.

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 8:41 pm
Did you try adjusting ASIO buffer size (latency) on the Denon driver?

Did you also try WASAPI?

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 8:42 pm
@locodog I also couldn't really imagine, that the Skin has something to do with it. Thanks for the confirmation.
I will download LatencyMon and try, to find something wrong.

@groovindj. Yes, I changed the buffer size to both directions, but it didn't get any better. Would it be better to reduce or increase the buffer size ?
I never heard from WASAPI. What is this? Sorry for the question ;-)

Inviato Sun 14 Jun 20 @ 8:54 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)