Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Do I actually need pro?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I’ve been using VDJ under a 30 day trial period with my SB3, and it tells me that I need to buy pro, once it’s ran out. Couldn’t I just buy a license for the controller ($90) so I can use it in VDJ, or do I seriously need to shell extra money to buy the “pro” license? I think if I’m buying the license just for the controller under the “VDJ” software, and I’m not using it at live sets for money and stuff, then I should be fine right?? I also have another question. If I buy the license for my SB3 which is $90, what will I be limited to. I believe if I buy the license it gives me something like “Home Plus”??

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 2:41 pm
gvastePRO InfinityMember since 2019
think about the PRO license as an investment on your career, if you change your controller you need to pay another license for it, this is a lifetime license so really worth the money.

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 3:32 pm
That didn’t really answer my question. My main question was do I actually need to buy PRO to use my SB3 in VDJ. If I just buy the (INDIVIDUAL) license for the controller for at home use, I shouldn’t have to buy pro? Or must I buy pro to use the controller? Or do I have to buy pro AND THEN the license for the controller which is an additional $90? I’m not making any profit from DJing nor am I gonna be booked any time soon due to COVID. Also, the only way to actually obtain a “lifetime” license is buying PRO (infinity) which I’m not going to do until I get a legitimate answer of “do I need pro to use my controller.” I’m not willing to just throw out $400 or even pay 90 a month for something that there’s no guarantee in, of me making any money back from DJing. I’ll be the judge of if buying pro is “worth the money”. Thanks.

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 4:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can indeed buy a home plus license as well.
The differences between plus and pro are detailed here:
https://www.virtualdj.com/products/virtualdj/price.html#comparison

Basically, no professional use (getting paid for dj'ing) and limited to one controller (so if you later buy another controller you'll need to buy another license to use it)

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 4:25 pm
Thanks for the honest and helpful answer!! I was honestly starting to think that the only way to even use my controller was to either pay 90 a month or the full 400 for “INFINITY” (which in my opinion is a little crazy).

Inviato Mon 10 Aug 20 @ 4:29 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Pro infinity is 299 usd btw, not 400. And pro subscription is 20 usd per month, not 90.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 1:38 am
Do I actually need Pro? Only if you want to be a Professional.

Inviato Tue 11 Aug 20 @ 6:31 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)