Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Virtual Folders

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

So, I have been organizing all my tags. I have added tags for Danceability, Energy etc. Got about 1,000 done and decided to see what VD can do with them….

Yeah that got far. One thing I noticed is VB ONLY allows tags that it wants not what you would like to see.

Ok fine, back to the tag editor. Copy Danceability to composer (don’t use anyhow) and Energy to grouping.

Cool, now I can see my tag info. Now to filter,
composer>=80 and grouping>=80 syntax error at:
Ok composer>=80 syntax error at:
Tried same with grouping.

I tried group by composer. It works but have 100 folders (1, 2, 3 …. 99, 100). Now maybe VD sees composer and grouping as a text field and not a mathematical field?

Is there a work around that someone else out there tried? Or, is there something I’m missing here? Can VD team think about letting users add tags instead of set list for songs?

Inviato Sun 06 Sep 20 @ 10:18 pm
Could use user1 and user2 ..
Both are available tags for custom use.

One challenge is that some tags are likely treated as strings (can not use operators such as > < ) as you also suggested, others as numerical where you can filter in numerical logic.

As for the filter, I guess you want something along :
group by user 1

Or, if you keep it in composer, the filter can be : group by Composer
(dont think you can add the >80 since its likely a string tag)

You can add range though so your grouped by is not 1, 2, 3 ,4 etc. But rather displayed as a range/interval.
Unfortunately it would probably then need to be a tag treated numerically (such as bpm, track # etc)

Inviato Sun 06 Sep 20 @ 10:45 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
Could use user1 and user2 ..

problem with that is the tag editor doesn't see user1 or user 2. I believe VB stores that tag somewhere else.

One challenge is that some tags are likely treated as strings (can not use operators such as > < ) as you also suggested, others as numerical where you can filter in numerical logic.

I changed it to a numerical field in tag editor and still VB doesn't see it that way,

Or, if you keep it in composer, the filter can be : group by Composer
(dont think you can add the >80 since its likely a string tag)

No you can't add >80 it returns no results

You can add range though so your grouped by is not 1, 2, 3 ,4 etc. But rather displayed as a range/interval.
Unfortunately it would probably then need to be a tag treated numerically (such as bpm, track # etc)

Not sure about range. I will try and use numerical field in tag editor and see if it works or not.

*update* Nope range does the same thing.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 12:30 am
Grok32Home userMember since 2019
user1 and user2 are Field1 and Field2 in the tag editor.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 5:19 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
just to say .. field1 and field2 also work for filter folders (many shortcuts are not exposed in the available fields)

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 9:56 am
Grok32 wrote :
user1 and user2 are Field1 and Field2 in the tag editor.

Ok, I shouldn't used the term"Tag Editor" since VB has a simple editor. I should of said MP3 Tag Editor. That's the only way I have been adding new tag fields for Dance, Energy etc... Could you image how long it would take if I used VB editor to tag everything?

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 2:25 pm
Probably not the best solution but you could use script in a custom button to copy tags from composer and grouping to field1, field2.
Not lightning fast but maybe a minute or two for 35000 songs.
I checked the filter for field2. It does work there. (field2> 80)

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 4:30 pm
Nah its just doing a string compare.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 8:28 pm
Grok32 wrote :
Nah its just doing a string compare.

Pretty much all are strings.
Could use the track number tag or year tag, those might be numeric

Track number is perhaps one few have any interests in (sort of useless unless you have whole albums), and maybe something you want to "sacrifice" to use for this ;-)

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 8:34 pm
[quote=Rune (dj-in-norway)
Could use the track number tag or year tag, those might be numeric

Track number is perhaps one few have any interests in (sort of useless unless you have whole albums), and maybe something you want to "sacrifice" to use for this ;-)[/quote]

Track Number is option for 1 field. I use the year of songs.

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 11:20 pm
Or maybe use string logic? If the fields are just whole numbers the logic wouldn't be that big.
For composer >=88 and grouping >=88:
(composer=88 or composer=89 or composer=90 or composer=91 or composer=92 or composer=93 or composer=94 or composer=95 or composer=96 or composer=97 or composer=98 or composer=99 or composer=100) and (grouping=88 or grouping=89 or grouping=90 or grouping=91 or grouping=92 or grouping=93 or grouping=94 or grouping=95 or grouping=96 or grouping= 97 or grouping=98 or grouping=99 or grouping=100)

Inviato Mon 07 Sep 20 @ 11:40 pm
Grok32 wrote :
Or maybe use string logic? If the fields are just whole numbers the logic wouldn't be that big.
For composer >=88 and grouping >=88:
(composer=88 or composer=89 or composer=90 or composer=91 or composer=92 or composer=93 or composer=94 or composer=95 or composer=96 or composer=97 or composer=98 or composer=99 or composer=100) and (grouping=88 or grouping=89 or grouping=90 or grouping=91 or grouping=92 or grouping=93 or grouping=94 or grouping=95 or grouping=96 or grouping= 97 or grouping=98 or grouping=99 or grouping=100)

LOL, in "real programing" that would be a lot of unnecessary typing .... but it works .... Thanks Grok32

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 3:39 am
Windows? MediaMonkey.

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 3:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
composer starts with "8" | composer starts with "9"

marginal saving of keystrokes

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 4:56 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
i think it may need some & composer is not "9" & composer is not "8" as well

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 10:19 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
a leading zero solves that one.

Inviato Tue 08 Sep 20 @ 10:55 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)