Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: changes are not saved, what am I doing wrong
I recently purchased a pro license version of Virtual Dj. But I can't get the software to stop reanalyzing analyzed tracks, changing the beatgrid, and not saving my hot cues. I sometimes make necessary adjustments to the beatgrid then check it as a Read-Only file. Whenever I relaunch Vitual Dj in future the tracks are automatically reanalyzed and hot cues beatgrid changed. What's the problem? Have I overlooked something in the Settings?

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 2:23 pm
You mean you make the adjustment in VirutalDJ ?
If so it saved to database. Perhaps this file is on external drive without write access if nothing gets saved?

(can try make a comment tag or some other tag, to see if it actually saves perhaps)

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 3:47 pm
Thanks for response. Yes. Made adjustments in Virtual Dj. Files are on a Kingston 64 GB flash drive. How do I get 'write access?' for saving hot cues, beatgrid in Vdj?

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 4:04 pm
user22629272 wrote :
Files are on a Kingston 64 GB flash drive. How do I get 'write access?

That is a Windows/macOS thing.
You need to grant write access for the current logged in OS user to the drive.
For Windows its usually the case that you already have the access

https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Settings-not-saving.html

If you are on mac, grant VirtualDJ full drive acess

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 4:35 pm
On the drive, do you have a folder called "VirtualDJ" there?
If so you probably have write access already..
But if you used this drive at other computer, the write access might be stuck to the other computers user.

If so try rightclick the VirtualDJ folder, and get write access

Inviato Sun 01 Nov 20 @ 4:41 pm
All my settings on my pc are up to date,I granted access,and my vdj account is only on my laptop but i can't save my mix ever since my update,I'm using virtual dj 2020

Inviato Wed 28 Dec 22 @ 12:10 pm