Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Early Access build 6225 - Breaks NS7II Master Audio Output

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hello! I was following Early Access builds for all the Motor Wheel fixes. Things have been good, until Sunday 12/19. I got that build and could not get my Master Output to play. Headphones worked. Sound Card was the same as it was on Friday 12/17 when it all worked.

I deleted the VDJ exe and reinstalled the Public build 6156 and everything was working again. I have not wanted to test the EA build yet, but I think there is an issue.

Inviato Tue 22 Dec 20 @ 10:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Did you check the audio config for any errors?

Inviato Wed 23 Dec 20 @ 8:31 am
By my Ns7 II is all ok .
Only a short error whit the BrakeStart8 FX , is brakes and stutter the Audio by brake and also by start.
By the normal Brake effect this error was no there.
But I have start the Virtual DJ Prog new again , and the error no comes back..
Now It works.
I musst say , the maker from the BrakeStart8 has special for me a 64bit Version from this FX programmed...
This one is not in the download list.
I hope this error not comes back.
But I have no idea wat this was.
Merry Xmas all.

Inviato Wed 23 Dec 20 @ 8:54 pm
@Adion, I checked my audio panel in settings, if that is what you are referring to?

I also restarted VDJ and eventually my PC. Noting fixed this issue except for rolling back the VDJ version to b6156

Inviato Wed 23 Dec 20 @ 10:48 pm
Did you use a custom mapper, and if so did you try with factory default?

Inviato Thu 24 Dec 20 @ 8:53 am
I have a set tonight, I will try that tomorrow. Hope that is ok. But I do have some custom mappings.

Inviato Thu 24 Dec 20 @ 2:05 pm
Ok, I tested sound before starting 6156 works great, except for all the motor platter bugs. But I have sound.

Then I enabled Early Access builds. Restarted VDJ and it grabbed the EA 6235 build. I again have no sound, except for my headphones.

I then changed to the Factory Default mapping for the NS7iii, still have no sound. Restarted VDJ, Factory Default mapping still selected, still have no sound.

I know it is just some typical issues, but the recent releases with motor wheel issues & now sound are really messing things up for NS7iii. I loaded EA 6173 and I am testing now. But my sound is back with 6173. I can't download any previous build between 6173 (that works) and 6225 (the first build that broke it).

Anything else you suggest Adion?

Inviato Sat 26 Dec 20 @ 7:26 pm
Really strange, you see the track playing though, and the deck VU meters are moving? What about the master VU meter?

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 20 @ 7:07 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Is it NS7II or III ? Title says II but your account stats show III.
Anyways, there has been an update in default audio setup for NS7III using the latest ASIO driver
Please re-install the Numark Windows driver from https://www.numark.com/product/ns7iii and then click on the button you get in AUDIO tab of VirtualDJ Settings.

If you still have troubles, please check what Numark ASIO sound cards you see in the drop-list and post a screenshot here.

If you have installed the ASIO driver, you should get the following setup if you click the NS7III button. If not, manually create it.

Inviato Sun 27 Dec 20 @ 4:05 pm
@Adion, I was pretty sure the VU meters were moving. Guess I will have to check that when I do the driver thing.

@djdad Lol, sorry about the title. I definitely own the v3 (iii). I will give that a go as soon as possible. thanks

Inviato Mon 28 Dec 20 @ 4:03 am
@Adion - When I update to the latest Early Access version and I get no sound. I see the Deck VU but not the mater output VU

@djdad - I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers, after updating VDJ. I click on the NS7iii button to set up the sound card. But what your screen capture did not get, is mine says "error" at the end of each Asio line. When changing options, VDJ is super laggy too, then eventually I get a Windows notification that says it could not find my NS7iii sound card minutes later. I get no play button action or anything now, just as if it was not connected to USB. So this is really broken at this point.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 3:03 pm
First I tried to revert to b6173, no sound. I had to uninstall the NS7iii driver, restart the PC. Install the NS7iii driver. Card lit right back up as it always does.

99.9% sure something is broken in VDJ Early Access past b6173. I have had this controller for at least 4 years worth of shows. 36 shows this year alone. Zero issues.

Win 10 pc from September 2019. Win 10 b20H2, 32 gigs ram. 3 internal SSDs 500gb OS drive, 4tb Music drive, 1tb projects drive, i9-9900k proc, NVIDIA 2070. I doubt it could be a specs thing. Especially seeing as how it only breaks with VDJ builds above 6173.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 3:17 pm
Can you hover your mouse over the soundcard to see the exact error message?
Also,check the drop down to see if the name is different perhaps

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 5:18 pm
Sorry for the extra responses. I tried to remove and reinstall the NS7iii driver several different ways, after my first attempts. Each with a restart in between. I left the controller plugged in, then next time unplugged, etc.

I also deleted the entries in the VDJ audio config and clicked the buttons above in VDJ, to let VDJ set them up for me. I also reverted the mapper again to default too. Still no master VUs or sound output. The buttons do work on the NS7iii after doing all this and I do not get the error I got before. But no Audio out of Master or Booth is useless.

Please ignore the "Mixtrack edge" profile at the bottom. That is my last resort back up controller. I think that is because it is not "seeing" the NS7iii in some way. I have Deck VU and Headphone volume. But silence on the Master output & Master VU meters.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 5:19 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
question does going the wasapi route help or not. Not saying it's the long term solution, just thinking how to narrow it down.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 5:47 pm
Thanks, Loco, good to see you again! I did not try WASAPI, unfortunately. But I have a show NYE (tomorrow) so I have to freeze at this point and focus on that. Perhaps in a couple of days.

Inviato Wed 30 Dec 20 @ 6:33 pm
Mmmm that sound like plugging in your auto star folder. That plug-ins are On every time your star so disable and get the sound back ,now enable that plugins again to rich your sound master. That work for me. Greetings everyone.

Inviato Thu 31 Dec 20 @ 2:30 am
I respect your experience, but that has nothing to do with this problem.

I finally had a chance to try WASAPI on b6140 and got no sound or Master VU. This move also broke my headphones now too. Not sure I did it right, but I tried a few configs.

I saw the new release today, tried b6142 next and everything is working as it use to. I will give it a good shakedown. Thanks for the fix team!

Inviato Tue 05 Jan 21 @ 2:10 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)