Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Script / tips / personal discoveries

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm very new to the script, but I have learned a bit and built upon others, I've also bought extra controllers and totally reassigned controls, and less to do what I want and to create things new, thats what is so amazing, any problem can be solved, and I'm spending more time customising than doing, but I love it,
so all you pros must have some amazing tips.

here are some of mine.

repurposing;
I have dials like the griffin power mate, which isn't mappable, but it has an app that allows you to use cmd macros for each application, so by taking keyboard mappings and signing them, I can use it. so basically anything that can have keyboard macros can be used. So no need for a midi arcade fighter button controller when you can build your own and assign key commands. I use old keyboards that i spilt drinks on which still have buttons working and rewire them to input devices.
I noticed the rate 72 mixer has an input for a door pedal. I took my foot pedal for reloading in time crisis on the playstation, added an adaptor put it in the back of my keyboard as a sustain pedal, and now I have a foot pedal for when my hands are busy to execute commands. I know these are nothing amazing but they are small hacks that can make a big difference.

Displays;
I have a mix track platinum FX with the displays in the cogwheels, and I noticed that each section was scripted, now with the shift commend I can change the bpm display to show me what bar or how many beats are left, or how many passed, It's useful for when you want to drop a cue at a specific point. Or you can show slip mode as in how many beats passed etc.
SO any device mapped that has a display can easily be altered. small things like this make me go crazy at people who are to snobbish to use vdi, this app is crazy powerful, and I'm just starting.

Drum pads and LEDs;
Novation launchpad and the likes, can be used as phase displays, and eq visuals vu meters, with the lads being assigned, I have alot of script I have made for this purpose, so if anyone is interested let me know, i also have dual purpose so the lights change to show various things at the same time.

I have more but I can't wait to see what others have, especially things that are not meant to be but have been made from combining and repurposing scripts

Inviato Thu 25 Mar 21 @ 4:53 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)