Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Controllers using hardware not software mixer?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Anyone have a list, recommendation, etc. I have an SZ and an RZ but need smaller for small bar. I have a ddj-800 and and HATE the software control.

Inviato Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 8:20 pm
DDJ-1000 SRT comes to mind, since you said 2 other pioneer controllers

Inviato Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 8:22 pm
Rune (dj-in-norway) wrote :
DDJ-1000 SRT comes to mind, since you said 2 other pioneer controllers

Hardware control, not software takeover.

Inviato Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 9:54 pm

Inviato Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 9:55 pm
ohhh!!!

Inviato Sat 27 Mar 21 @ 10:06 pm
any others?

Inviato Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 7:13 pm
Not much these days...
Almost all new controllers are now using software mixer.
All controllers released for Rekordbox are using software mixer for the last 3 years.
Also MOST controllers released for Serato are either hybrid (a strange combination of software/hardware mixer) or software.
As far as I know, DDJ-1000SRT is the only recent controller released with a pure hardware mixer.

PS: When I said hybrid above I don't mean controllers like RZ that you can switch between software and hardware mixer according to your liking. I'm talking about a combination of doing the mixing in software level, but sending the sound of each deck independently on the controller.

PS2: The only recent units I know off, that have hardware mixing mode, are battle or club mixers and not controllers

Inviato Mon 29 Mar 21 @ 10:22 pm
Thank you Phantom. I just cannot deal with these software mixers and the loss of real volume control. I am so used to my sz and rz being just load and go. Fighting deck volume levels every single song, twisting a damn gain knob every song, that is such bullshit.

Inviato Tue 30 Mar 21 @ 7:05 pm
We have discussed this in the past.
Have you tried to disable autoGain but KEEP the gainSliderIncludesAutoGain setting active ?
(And try RZ with software mixer)

Inviato Tue 30 Mar 21 @ 7:14 pm
I know its older, does the Denon MC 6000 do what you are looking for?

Inviato Tue 30 Mar 21 @ 7:38 pm
You do get used to software mixing assuming you use the correct settings.

I used to have the MC6000 and absolutely hated software mixing but after a few gigs it made no difference.

Inviato Tue 30 Mar 21 @ 7:47 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
We have discussed this in the past.
Have you tried to disable autoGain but KEEP the gainSliderIncludesAutoGain setting active ?
(And try RZ with software mixer)

No, I didnt do that, but I will go do that right now and see how it works out with my ddj-800

Inviato Wed 31 Mar 21 @ 12:50 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)