Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: show on screen if broadcasting to server - Page: 1

Questa parte dell'argomento è obsoleta e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate

hi i was using the shoutcast to broadcast.. was working fine but i didnt know i lost connection and thought i was streaming for like and hour while it was really down

is there a way to have on the screen or so while broadcasting.. like a Red Light when its connected and when its disconnected it tells me.. or do you need a 3rd party program.. to be able to...... other then clicking settings and constantly checking every 30 seconds if i up or down

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 12:04 pm
set a custom button to the action -> Broadcast

you can use it to start stop the broadcast and it will also dim if you lose connection and be bright while connected

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 12:30 pm
not 100% how to do that?
and would the button be on the mixer or on the screen
i looked under mappings for
custom
action
broadcast

couldnt find anything

then i looked under options
action

has "custom buttons" but not sure what to type in the line..
do you have a link i could read that shows how to do it.. and can you do both
have it light up on the mixer of a button i dont use.. and also show up on the Skin like a big Fat Red button saying On Air

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 2:51 pm

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 2:55 pm
ok cool ya got it to work..
another question
is there a way to copy a button and place it on the current pro skin? up in the middle
between the 8 Dashes and the Master Volume..
i did see that Edit Skin and it opens upfiles.. but i have no experience in that.. just wanted a simply at top and if easy..

is it hard to do or documentation how to put a custom button there.. was hoping was a drag and drop but not that easy

but i did get it to work on a custom blank button which is good (:

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 3:34 pm
You can edit the skin as you mentioned
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Modify-a-Skin.html

And add a button.. .with size and x y cordinates
https://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin-Button.html

Something along this....

<button action="broadcast">
<width="80" height="15" />
<pos x="920" y="5" />
<on color="blue" shape="square" />
<off color="black" shape="square"/>
<text fontsize="12" color="#ffffff" align="center" action="broadcast" />
</button>

Can adjust color, size and position easily

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 3:42 pm
ok where do you post the button code.. i tried at top and at the bottom of the performance.xml before </skin> but i get error
i posted the code and tabbed it like the rest..
i get error "Impossible to open my custom/:Performance

and what i did was i copied the Default folder and made one called "my custom" as there was no zip file
and then i edit the performance.xml
to whats below the other page it didnt say exactly where to post the code.. i also posted it in between
<panel> </panel> like i read in the second link but i still get that error.. what did i do wrong?

<skin name="VirtualDJ • Performance" version="2020" width="1920" height="1080" comment="Default Interface • Performance layout" breakline="1080-100" breakline2="1070" image="gfx-pro.png" preview="performance.png" author="Atomix Productions">
<copyright>(C) Atomix Productions</copyright>
<font name="Arial"/>

<nbdecks value="2" condition="var_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>
<nbdecks value="4" condition="var_not_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>

<pos x="920" y="5" />
</button>

<!-- rack layout -->
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 1" condition="var_equal '@$decklayout' 1 && var_not_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 1" condition="var_equal '@$decklayout' 0 && var_not_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>
<onload action="set '$singlerack' 1" condition="var_equal '@$decklayout' 2 && var_not_equal '@$4decks' 0"/>

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 4:01 pm
needs to be within the <skin> element
At bottom before </skin> could be a place to put the button

If you are getting an error, check the xml element you added..
some syntax error like forgotten </ end if elements perhaps .. hard to say

Easier to just use Custom Buttons though.
Thats what they are there for, own custom buttons ;-)

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 4:06 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I've done similar on the top bar, to start with I used the standard custom button, but I didn't like the sharp square edges when on the top bar, so I made my own version with rounded corners

*edit, oh you're on performance skin - I'll recheck for the line references

first define my button, somewhere like line 490 [edit pro skin]
mostly copied the custom button definition

<define class="button_top" placeholders="width=62,height=30,text,important=true,textaction,sysicon,iconsize,textsize=11,weight=normal,textcolor=textoff">
<size width="[WIDTH]" height="[HEIGHT]"/>
<off color="buttonoff" shape="square" border="bordercolor" border_size="1" radius="4"/>
<over color="buttonover" shape="square" border="bordercolor" border_size="1" radius="4"/>
<selected color="buttonon" shape="square" border="bordercolor" border_size="1" radius="4"/>
<down color="buttonon" shape="square" border="bordercolor" border_size="1" radius="4"/>
<text fontsize="[TEXTSIZE]" weight="[WEIGHT]" color="[TEXTCOLOR]" colorover="textover" colorselected="texton" colordown="texton" align="center" action="[TEXTACTION]" text="[TEXT]" localize="true" important="[IMPORTANT]"/>
<icon sysicon="[SYSICON]" coloroff="[TEXTCOLOR]" colorover="textover" colordown="texton" colorselected="texton" width="[ICONSIZE]" height="[ICONSIZE]" />
</define>

then I place the buttons as a part of <group name="topbar"> , somewhere around line 1508 [again this is pro skin]

<group name="smasterCBs" x="115+80+80+135+123+40" y="8">
<button deck="master" class="button_top" x="+0" y="+0" width="55" height="27" action="custom_button 51" textaction="custom_button_name 51" rightclick="custom_button_edit 51" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button deck="master" class="button_top" x="+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="27" action="custom_button 52" textaction="custom_button_name 52" rightclick="custom_button_edit 52" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button deck="master" class="button_top" x="+55+6+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="27" action="custom_button 53" textaction="custom_button_name 53" rightclick="custom_button_edit 53" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button deck="master" class="button_top" x="+55+6+55+6+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="27" action="custom_button 54" textaction="custom_button_name 54" rightclick="custom_button_edit 54" textcolor="textoff3"/>
</group>

that above should be copy & paste good to go, but feel free to experiment, honestly this introduction to skinning the biggest step is just the inclination to do it, once you've stuck a button down you'll poke and prod it a bit and it starts making sense as you go

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 4:07 pm
put the define in at line 649
and the placing of the buttons 1736

and I moved the position and cut the number of buttons from 4 to 2 as the topbar is a bit busier with the perform skin, so use this to place
				<group name="smasterCBs" x="655+80+80+135+123+40" y="8">
<button deck="master" class="button_top" x="+0" y="+0" width="55" height="27" action="custom_button 51" textaction="custom_button_name 51" rightclick="custom_button_edit 51" textcolor="textoff3"/>
<button deck="master" class="button_top" x="+55+6" y="+0" width="55" height="27" action="custom_button 52" textaction="custom_button_name 52" rightclick="custom_button_edit 52" textcolor="textoff3"/>
</group>

and it looks like this

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 4:18 pm
ya what i did was edit the performance.xml i liked it bit better then pro
and i used to use the "Focus" skin for working the bar.. but at home i been using the plain i can see more on the screen. and went from my laptop to 65" been having issues reading small text now a day ugh...
pandemic doesnt let me see a dr either so bigger monitor helped

now i tried at the bottom just copy and pasted what you wrote and i get the same error.
"<oninit action="setting_setdefault skinWaveformType 'colors'"/>
<oninit action="setting_setdefault coverflow 'no'"/>
<oninit action="setting_setdefault browserPadding 25%"/>
<oninit action="setting_setdefault EqMode 'frequency'"/>
<oninit action="setting_setdefault autoBPMMatch 'no'"/>
<oninit action="setting_setdefault autoKey off"/>
<oninit action="setting_setdefault smartPlay off"/>
<oninit action="setting_setdefault autoPitchLock off"/>
<pos x="920" y="5" />
</button>
</skin>"

as for the other reply i havent trid your code yet.. ill re read it i just using notepad to edit it so i dont know where line 490 is either lol

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 4:19 pm
what editor do you use to get the lines? i just been using notepad

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 4:20 pm
notepad has line numbers, view >> statusbar
but I think most people use notepad++

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 4:22 pm
never used notepad++

so couple questions.. so i can understand things

the define section that is to create what the button looks like . and the settings system settings

the 2nd part is defining the location reason adding + numbers =x
so i added +450 to X numbers to move it over..
and i was able to add the custom broadcast.. the orginal code by rune still wouldnt work in the xml i get that error.. but was able to add the custom to button ontop .. so i have a ON Air

my next question.. the defineing says Textoff3 is that the color?

and when i click it button it goes purple background
i tried adding in the custom

broadcast:color "red"
but didnt help
how do i set so. its Bright Red background and the Text is Bright White and in Bold
is that possible to do?

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 5:12 pm
For one single button you dont have to use define ..
Can just spell out at the <button> code how you want it to appear and look...
(and if using a defined button, use already defines in skin... class="button_main" for example )

Keep it simple, no need to make it any complicated...

<pos x="920" y="5"/>
<size width="80" height="20"/>
<on color="green"/>
<off color="black"/>
<text fontsize="11" color="white" align="center" action="broadcast"/>
</button>

Plain and easy, and adjust colors, size and position as you want..

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 5:20 pm
ah ok so that button code works.. i see the differnce. orginally you had width but your latest goes size width

and i tried the example copy and paste it from the docs that doesnt work.. im guessing the coding has changed so thats why it didnt work
also the button name shows up as ?
and then if you click on it goes "on"

how can i change it from "?"
to ON Air or OFF AIR

as it shows up for OFF ? and on on
can i change the words

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 5:43 pm
i tried
<pos x="1120" y="5"/>
<size width="80" height="35"/>
<on color="red"/>On Air
<off color="black"/>Off Air
<text fontsize="15" weight="bold" color="white" align="center" action="broadcast"/>On Air
</button>

but didnt work i also tryed changing action ="broadcast" to action ="custom_button"
but that didnt work either

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 5:47 pm
<pos x="1120" y="5"/>
<on color="red"/>
<off color="black"/>
<text fontsize="15" weight="bold" color="white" align="center" action="broadcast ? get_text 'ON AIR' : get_text 'OFF AIR' "/>
</button>

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 5:54 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Keep it simple and basic, no need to make it any complicated... ;)
split the texts on and off allows control over color and simple captions

<pos x="1120" y="5"/>
<on color="green"/>
<off color="black"/>
<text fontsize="15" weight="bold" color="white" align="center" text="Off Air"/>
<textselected fontsize="15" weight="bold" color="red" align="center" text="ON AIR"/>
</button>

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 6:04 pm
i was able to get the more complicated code to
change the color and show ON Air

just not offair. but thats on.. i got it bolding i just started randomly editing the define section

easier said then done when you dont use it.. but i least got it better then i had.. now to remember where the locations are later lol

but least its working that way (:

Inviato Sun 18 Apr 21 @ 6:10 pm
91%