Accesso rapido:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Software freezing with my new Pioneer DDJ SR2

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i am having a problem with the software freezing for a few seconds at random times. I am using a PC with specs well over the recommended requirements and a Pioneer DDJ SR2 controller. it has Serato built in but i have been using VD for years and prefer it. I was using a Numark N4 for over 6 years with no issues, but can't seem to get the bugs out when using the new Pioneer. Now it seems to randomly freeze for about 4 or 5 seconds and start right back up. Both the audio stops and display freezes. Can someone please help since VD customer support has been non responsive

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 3:05 pm
Try set latency in asio (OR virtualdj settings) to 256 or 512

Can use this tool to check if there are any background apps or processes that prevents real time audio:
https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

And if you cant spot anything obvious, can always try in VirtualDJ settings to set precomputeStems to "only use precomputed" to check if your computer have any issues with stems at song load

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 3:10 pm
Thanks Rune. I actually have done all of that...after reading one of your replies to another user. My latency is at 256, and pre compute stems are set to only use pre computed. I also disabled the mathengine. What is driving me crazy is that i didnt have this issue with my Numark n4.

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 4:20 pm
You can try 512 instead of 256, and the latency tool above as well to see if any troublesome processes or background apps are cause...

Well worth trying to update the drivers as well
https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/ddj-sr2/#drivers if you didnt already ...
As well as your operating system, graphic card drivers etc

Can be something that is already fixed....

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 4:51 pm
And what brand and model of computer?
There been some cases with drop outs / freezes with Dell and others due to some of the brands preinstalled programs (driver update checker, game optimizer etc)

And can also try set Windows to max performance, and not run on battery.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2843-change-power-plan-settings-windows-10-a.html
https://thegeekpage.com/optimize-your-windows-10-pc-for-gaming/

The latency checker tool posted earlier is good at detecting problems though, so try that first

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 4:57 pm
Thanks again, i'm going to try all that. problem is that its very unpredictable so i have to run in and see when it happens. I'm running an HP Beats 15 Notebook. Been using it for about 2 years or so no with the Numark and worked perfectlly. Pioneer support told it was because i was trying to use virtual DJ on a controller pre set with Serato which i assumed was false lol Any idea why it would be happening now with the new Pioneer and not the Numark?

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:12 pm
Definitively false, just some low level dude at their support that dont know any better then ;-)
Since the Numark and the Pioneer is completely different hardware, its probably not relevant that one worked well. Bit like if you buy a new printer ... if its not the same as previous printer, result may vary.
But that being said, its quite a "simple" controller, no super advanced things.. so should work well easily.

When it happens, is it mostly sound that drops out/skips, or is it more that the whole computer freeze/locks up for a bit? And is it regardless of where you load music file from (local drive vs external), and regardless of type of file ? (video vs audio, huge premade mixes vs single songs)

Why a computer has some issues, can be so many things.
If you try reproduce it, and can get closer to hints at what causes the issues, the easier it will be to find the right fix ;-)

Also try different usb port, different power sockets (power fluctuations), etc

But best of all, try reproduce it, if there is a pattern or logic to what causes it, much easier to do the right remedy ;-)

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:29 pm

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:32 pm
it happens at various times during a set, it freezes up and i lose sound and control for about 4 or 5 seconds. I always use my laptop plugged in as well, use high quality cables my laptop is optimized for max performance right now. Its such a stupid...but major issue to go dead air for a few seconds with no warning several times a gig lol I really appreciate all the advise. Do you happen to know if there is a way to actually speak to any of the VD tech support guys? I have left messages but have not received any return calls

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:41 pm
actually just tried new usb port, tried all the suggestions you mentioned and 90 seconds in, it did it again lol im so frustrated

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:45 pm
5 seconds is quite a long issue..

You can contact support here: https://www.virtualdj.com/help/
They also have remote tools, to access your computer and take a look if needed.

But if its quite rare it can be hard to pinpoint perhaps

CTRL ALT DEL to see running processes (see if anything eats up your resources), and running the latency checker tool posted earlier would be my first approach though.
If its 5 second long issues, it should hopefully show up in both of those views

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:45 pm
yes 5 seconds is a killer. I have reached out to them and have received nothing but automated responses that made no sense. actually some of the worst customer service i have ever experienced

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:48 pm
Perhaps you just wrote to the automated reply then?
Click the "Contact Us" at bottom of the popup dialog for a direct to Support ticket (or chat when available)

Inviato Mon 10 May 21 @ 5:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)