Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How To Disable toggling .....using 2 - 4 ch controllers

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

adjnuPRO InfinityMember since 2005
i'm upgrading from my 2 DDJ SBs to 2 Numarks NV2s. I use 2 controllers so that each deck has their own controls. No problem until the stems came, i didnt want to toggle between eq and stems w/ the SBs. so i got the NV2s w/4 ch so that each deck will have separate eq/stem controls. With the NV2s if i toggle to set the 2nd NV2 to decks 3 and 4, it switches the first NV2 ALSO.

I figure if i disable the toggling it will only see deck 1 on start up as deck 1/2 via custom mapping and the 2nd NV's mapping set to 3/4 by default.

Any ideas?

Inviato Sun 30 May 21 @ 2:15 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Select the normal EQ mode (disabled) and map the eq knobs of the 2nd device using the action stem.
stem 'vocals', stem 'bass' etc

Inviato Sun 30 May 21 @ 7:24 am
AHHH HAAA .....THANKS

Inviato Sun 30 May 21 @ 7:57 pm
djdad wrote :
Select the normal EQ mode (disabled) and map the eq knobs of the 2nd device using the action stem.
stem 'vocals', stem 'bass' etc

i tried that, not working ... are scripts case sensitive?

if i make it
down ? deck 1 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck
down ? deck 2 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck on controller 1's mapping
AND
down ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 3 leftdeck
down ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 4 rightdeck on the other, will this work?

Inviato Mon 31 May 21 @ 5:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Nothing to do with swapping/selecting Left-Right Decks.

We are talking about EQ knobs, right ?

If you have mapped the EQ knobs using the stem actions as above, then you have created a Custom mapping. If so, you need one controller to use this Custom mapping , and the other one using the default (or some other custom with eq_ actions). If both controllers use the same mapping, then yes, it wont work.

About controlling different decks...
In both controllers, delete the actions from DECK_LEFT and DECK_RIGHT
The DECK buttons next to screens are actually hardware ones, so they will work and change the Screen displays too.
And make sure both devices are set to 1,2,3,4 (Deck Assignment in Settings->MAPPING tab)

Inviato Tue 01 Jun 21 @ 9:25 am
djdad wrote :
Nothing to do with swapping/selecting Left-Right Decks.

We are talking about EQ knobs, right ?

If you have mapped the EQ knobs using the stem actions as above, then you have created a Custom mapping. If so, you need one controller to use this Custom mapping , and the other one using the default (or some other custom with eq_ actions). If both controllers use the same mapping, then yes, it wont work.

About controlling different decks...
In both controllers, delete the actions from DECK_LEFT and DECK_RIGHT
The DECK buttons next to screens are actually hardware ones, so they will work and change the Screen displays too.
And make sure both devices are set to 1,2,3,4 (Deck Assignment in Settings->MAPPING tab)

ok, the first idea worked ... i had wrong stem command.
1st nv2
eq knobs - eq
gain - volume
filter - gain (easy set @0.0)

2nd nv2
eq knobs - ez stems
gain - volume
filter - filter

thanks again

Inviato Thu 03 Jun 21 @ 4:38 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)