Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to set memory cues?
EfotekPRO InfinityMember since 2021
I'm using a DDJ400 and moving from Rekordbox to VDJ. In Rekordbox I can set up my memory cues and skip to them with the call buttons and still be able to set my hot cues separately, but I have not been able to figure out how to set them in VDJ.
I have figured out how to set visible markers and hot cues in the POI but I want to be able to easily skip to the markers with the call buttons and use my hot cues for other functions.

How is this possible?

Inviato Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 3:04 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Just use hotcues, there's no limit to the number you can use.

Inviato Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 3:10 pm
EfotekPRO InfinityMember since 2021
@LOCODOG Besides the libraries I use the controller for everything.

Can I set up the call buttons to jump to specific hot cues?
How do I set up and use multiple hot cues on the controller?

Inviato Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 3:46 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
there's a few ways,
probably easiest for you to say how you'd want it to work [what buttons you'd want to use]
If it was me, I'd use the shift + cuecalls
one button would be something like this

has_cue 9 !? hot_cue 9 : has_cue 10 !? hot_cue 10 : has_cue 11 !? hot_cue 11 : has_cue 12 !? hot_cue 12 : has_cue 13 !? hot_cue 13 : has_cue 14 !? hot_cue 14 : has_cue 15 !? hot_cue 15 : has_cue 16 !? hot_cue 16 :

the other button I'd take advantage of the stop action as it cycles cues,

so the script would just be
stop

Inviato Thu 17 Jun 21 @ 6:28 pm
Hi,

I faced that issue a while back, figuring out how to set two different sets of cue points. I use the standard bank of 8 for hot cues and created remix points in the POI Editor in lieu of memory cues. If you set them as invisible in VDJ, they show up as white pads in my DDJ-1000. Hope that helps...

Inviato Fri 25 Jun 21 @ 1:30 am
I'm interested in memory cues as I use the export to CDJ-2000NXS function. On a CDJ the memory cues are used to position the track as the track starts playing immediately when pressing the hotcue (and I don't want that when positioning a track). Secondly, there's a beat counter on the CDJ that allows phrases to be alligned. But the counter only works with memory cues (counts down to the next memory cue).

So, I would like to have the possibility in VDJ to set both hotcues and memory cues.

Inviato Sun 06 Feb 22 @ 7:22 pm