Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Another tags question, some of mine vanish?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I use an external ssd for my music/videos and playlists, i use it at home and at the club.

Sometimes some not many songs that i have edited the artist, track name, color , comnent etc will be back to there orginal data the next time i plug in that drive,

Yes, i do click the "write tag" button, i do deal with 100s of tracks and thought i was imagining it or didnt do something right but to test it i add certain comnents that Houdini on me, since i find the color feature very helpful i hope to figure this out.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.

Inviato Thu 01 Jul 21 @ 11:19 pm
Is there at least one track you know has disappearing information? Two things I can think to check:
- In the tag editor make sure its location is the SSD drive.
- Search for similarly named songs to see if you have more than one copy of the song in the database.

Inviato Fri 02 Jul 21 @ 4:40 am
If you are using multiple computer, also make sure you have write permission to the external drive at each computer. Specially for the folder /virtualdj/ on the external drive where database is

Inviato Fri 02 Jul 21 @ 11:48 am
I get ocd about color coding every song to find my stuff quicker also i like adding comments, i do this at home where i have admin rights,
when i take my external hdd to the club and pull up my play list perhaps one or two songs in 100 will have lost either all tag edits i did to it or oddly only the color tag, which is why i notice it,
this will also be the case when i get home and plug the drive back into my home system, since it is only a song here or there its not a huge issue just thought i was doing something incorrectly.

Many thanks

Inviato Tue 06 Jul 21 @ 4:05 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)