Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Some Doubts about recording a set.

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

I'm using a DDJ-RR, configured additional outputs to send sound to OBS (Master to HDMI to monitoring, Master to internal Realtek soundcard for OBS).

When recording, in mp3 at 320kbps, a lot of stereo expanse is lost. If i replace some part of the recorded file in an audio editor, with part of original sound of a track, quality is remarkable.

There is anything to do to improve the quality of the recording? In wav or flac will be noticeable the difference?

The recording sound is internal ? or is routed from my controller soundcard?

Inviato Sat 28 Aug 21 @ 4:33 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Actually your config is using internal recording
however adding a recording source (i.e.: stereo mix realtek ) it will be routed from the soundcard

Better use the same recording rate the average of your tracks 128...320kbps

As your mixer is set to 44.1k better use 44.1k for recording and master as well (all chanel with the same bitrate may prevent loss of quality due to resampling)

Of course recording in lossless may improve quality and no compression WAV may use less CPU but more disc access

Inviato Sat 28 Aug 21 @ 5:09 am
I’ve run some other test, recording in FLAC, and I discovered the reason of my low quality. When I stream a live set on Facebook, I’ve set -1 the key in both decks. This setting make the sound less clear and lose some of the stereo wide sound. But in FLAC is less noticeable than recording in mp3.

Inviato Tue 31 Aug 21 @ 4:25 am

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)