Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: computer crashed and when i booted up vdj the database cant be opened anymore but i can view it

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

i had virtual dj open.. was working on some macros short cuts for some video stuff

computer suddently just rebooted no reason why..

i re load vdj and it no longer can open the database.. but i can view it the xml i just cant open it..

in 7 there used to be a database repair tool do we not have a repair tool for 8?

can i force an import of the xml database.. it wont load database or the Virtual Folders
it did load some folders i guess i have on the C drive which need to move to my extneral drive on X:
but is there a tool to force the import back or a database correcting tool?
i tried rebooting windows didnt help

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 4:31 pm
i dunno i think i fix ed it... i googled tried other ppl's ideas
close program wait a moment load.. it didnt work
i checked the backup folder didnt see a bad copy there

i did move the database out of X:\virtual dj folder ... then restarted vdj closed it
then re moved the database back to the x:\virtual dj folder

it seem to fix it

when the computer did reboot.. i let it sit 10 min as it had other things to load in background

so i not sure ? someone else saying maybe drive wasnt ready but it should been as i was able to open the xml i just was not able to open it in vdj
so not sure what happened

guess i need to start making regular backups of the database and folders then

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 4:48 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Was not necessary to remove database
that's why VDJ have to scan again new files

in fact VDJ often take a long time before to close after a crash

database is not immediately accessible from next instance

regular (automatic) backups is new feature in recent beta build

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 5:12 pm
oh ok something to look forward for

ya after the computer crashed and i rebooted.. i loaded up vdj it wouldnt load just gives that error in the pic
i closed gave it 10-15 seconds reloaded nothing.. i was able to load xml 350 meg file int notepad and internet explorer.. but then tried with vdj it wouldnt load up still gave me the same error.. and the error came up instantly.. it didnt do that takes a bit to load a database or saying the database is going slow.. as soon as i double clicked the vdj icon and it loaded.. it instantly gave that error couldnt open..

i dunno if it was the moving the file.. or the 10+ reloads of vdj or letting it sit in vdj there was no real instructions to say x: database couldnt load..

if it does a process be nice to have message... x: database couldnt be loaded give it 2 min vdj is repairing the issue..

something as i truly dont know how i fixed it if it was the move.. if it was fixing it each time i loaded vdj and it fixed a big more.. nothing in teh backup sayin broken database

so i honestly dont know what fixed the issue..

but for least there is a future option of database backup for now i probably make a script to backup the thing each day or something

Inviato Wed 29 Sep 21 @ 5:29 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)