Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How to delete bad shaders that causes vdj to lock up?

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Ok..so i did a booboo..i copied aall the ones i had compiled and worked on my older laptop that ran things in 32 as well as 64bit ..windows 7 ,vdj 2020..and now i threw them into my "new" Alienware 18 also.. with windows 7 64bit but im just setting this up and not even sure if it had all the microsoft stuff in it but my older alien i had since 2014 i think and now all those shaders are in the new maschine, but when i just click on a bad one (they seemed to be on the end of the list of shaders) the system locks up...do i have to delete all and load from the site? again,these aliens are with W7 and vdj2020...but i have a Alienware 17 with vdj 2021,running fine but im spoiled with the 18" screens..I need to fix this soon..thanks..

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 2:52 am
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
Well in fact basically yes redownload may help :
backup the shaders
disable shaders plugin and open GUI
You can rightclick the name and select "delete" or "redownload" (some may be updated and look different)

different drivers may need shaders recompiling to take advantage of new functions

note: some were removed from shadertoy, some may be updated and use incompatible functions, some still broken

that do not fix everything, some shaders being incompatible may still hang system
possibly crashing driver and rarely BSOD

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 3:28 am
yeah...i think this older Alien thinks its window 7 is strictly 64 bit were as my older alien m18x is also windows 7 but i ran things in 32 bit fine...also ..nice,do you remember the shader pack posted here somewhere ?..i think i have that ..were like 900 but the filtered down to 600 shaders? i'm trying to remember if those were all 64 bit or 32 bit compatible...

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 3:44 am
gee..found them..right next to my folder i just made to copy the ones from the Alien 17 which is w10 64bit...the pack contains 556?

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 3:51 am
I meant the "Shader pack by Alex"...cant remember if they are strictly 64 or 32 bit..let me look..

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 4:05 am

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 4:13 am
yes..and didnt work with this maschine (running vdj 2020 & windows 7) ..the fact that its windows 7 makes this system 32 bity friendly..i have the same issue with vst's.....so anyways ..i have the

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 4:33 am
thanks Nico,I'll check again..right now 280 dont seem to be enough for such a cool system I'm building here..

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 5:29 am
those 3am links i cant see.I get a "page not found"?

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 7:10 am
Nicotux wrote :
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/240542/VirtualDJ_Technical_Support/constantly_getting_shader_not_compatible.html
http://3am.dk/Shaders32bit.zip​
http://3am.dk/Shaders64bit.zip​

Klaus shaderpack seems to be gone. Try to use the link but 404 back.

Had an issue with some heavy loading or bad shader. It made my laptop to shut down completly and when restarted all my recent installed shaders were gone and also the shaderslist.xml was reset back to default.

2 days of work gone with searching, config and testing which one can be used.
I load every single shader into Vdj and listening to the fan and have resource monitor open to see which shaders are bad

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 7:23 am

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 7:31 am
i'm on PC..dont understand..write that at the end of the url?...before or after "zip"...;..he,he

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 8:33 am
do nothing, these one are working (I copied the buggy ones)

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 8:42 am
hey!..got it..

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 8:43 am
Long download tho...he should had made this a torrent..lol..

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 8:47 am
http://3am.dk/Shaders64bit.zip

copy and paste in a new window or tab

Link without going trough google drive slow motion drive
Took me 3 seconds to download

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 9:40 am
Ok..thanks everyone..Ive got them all..as i suspected this Alien 18 with windows 7 as my old m18x with the also with W7,tho it says 64bit..likes the 32 bit shaders,not the 64..i do have the 64bit on my Alien 17.that came with windows 10 and its my VDJ2021 laptop.I should consider a dual boot for the Alienware 18 so i can have W10 and vdj2021,but just for the stems feature..my studio tho demands W7..most music programs and vst still run best on windows 7..I mean ..now they want to push W11 on us..what we supposed to do? throw away our old studio setup?

Inviato Thu 30 Sep 21 @ 11:37 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)