Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Hercules Inpulse 500 scripting fun!

Questo argomento è obsoleto e potrebbe contenere informazioni obsolete o errate.

Hi friends. I'm new, but I"m hoping my question isn't dumb (searching didn't go well).

If you're not familiar with the Hercules Inpulse 500, it has four exclusive toggleable FX buttons and a single knob that controls the amount. The default mapping assigns a fixed effect to each button (1-4), and if none are selected, the knob doesn't do anything.

I've been able to relatively easily modify the mapped effects, but I want to go to the next level. I want to apply a different effect to each of the four buttons, and have a fifth effect (the regular filter) activate if none of the buttons are active. I'm trying to get up to speed on VDJ script but having a little trouble debugging.

Here's what I tried. The default mapping for MIXER_FX2 is:

deck all filter_activate 'Echo'

What I wanted to do was query to determine if Echo is already active. If it is, activate the generic filter. If it isn't, activate Echo. I wrote this:

deck all filter_activate 'Echo' ? deck all filter_activate 'Filter' : deck all filter_activate 'Echo'

My suspicion is that you can't query the status of the Echo filter this way, but I wanted to confirm with the experts to be sure. Is there a way to do what I'm wanting to do?

As an aside, is there a dev console or something I can use to debug scripts like this so I don't have to beg you all for help every time? 😂 Thanks for your time!

*** EDIT ***

I realized that the queries that support the LED status of the buttons DO query the filter status this way, so maybe setting deck all filter_activate 'filter' doesn't do what I think it does? 🤔🤔🤔

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 4:30 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
close but filter_activate, is the wrong script [that is more a switch on off, but also includes fx selection]

use this for just select [can deck all, can query]

filter_selectcolorfx 'filter'

there is a debug command but it wouldn't be any use in this case [debug is more about verifying values sent from dials, maths or string construction.]
As you got pretty close I don't think you'll be doing much begging, just ask away, when users make an effort it's easy to give pointers.

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 4:53 am
Awesome, thanks for your help!

filter_setcolorfx does some of what I want, but it seems like I can't query the selected colorfx using this verb. For example, if I set the FX1 button's mapping to:

deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo' ? deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Filter' : deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo'

It consistently selects and activates Filter (i.e. does not toggle). Is every verb queryable, or is it possible that this particular one is not?

Thanks again for your time!

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 5:14 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
most if not all are, but the "deck all" specifier some times doesn't play nice with queries, give me a min to test.

yeah just checked doesn't play nice, since you're doing all decks in unison quering one deck will do

deck 1 filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo' ? deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Filter' : deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo'

if all decks is important for your query, a little more advanced, [a lot more but, practical examples are the best learning aid]

in script below
consider what is inside backticks is just evaluated,
is deck 1 echo, if true it returns 1, if false returns zero
the && makes the next bit makes the returned value dependant on both queries
[only returns true if both are true]
return is compared for equal to 1, if yes both are echo, change to filter

param_equal `deck 1 filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo' && deck 2 filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo'` 1 ?
deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Filter' : deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo'

there's a less advanced way to do this with nested queries but it's nearly as confusing and bad to read & write

deck 1 filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo' ? deck 2 filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo'` 1 ?
deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Filter' : deck 1 true, deck 2 false : deck 1 false, deck 2 not queried

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 5:41 am
This is so incredibly helpful. Thanks for the solution and for teaching me a bit. Really appreciate it!

***FOR INPULSE 500 USERS***

if you come across this thread, this did the trick! You can replace 'Echo' with any of the color effects available in the mixer section of VDJ. This lets you rearrange/replace the default configuration of CFX. To do this:

- Change each of MIXER_FX1 (and 2, 3, 4) to a statement like this (from our discussion above):

deck 1 filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo' ? deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Filter' : deck all filter_selectcolorfx 'Echo'

- And also change LED_MIXER_FX1 (and 2, 3, 4) so that the LED on the FX button correctly flashes if its effect is in use:

deck all filter_activate 'Echo' ? blink : on

Note that this is the default mapping, but you have to change the 'Echo' argument to whichever effect is applied by the corresponding button.

Inviato Mon 04 Oct 21 @ 1:48 pm

(Vecchi argomenti e forum sono automaticamente chiusi)