Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is there a way to get a specific song to play in the background when you hit talkover?
I'd like to be able to set Virtual DJ so that it plays a certain song when I click talkover button in the skin I use. I use the Project X skin ... thanks for any help you guys can give me!!!

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 4:06 am
Yes, there are several ways - including using a sample as the song

But the easiest is probably to do a script that
- loads the track you want into deck 3 if it's not already there (or deck 5 or 7 if you are using 4 or 6 deck setup)
- lowers the volume on channel 1 and 2 as the ducking while the button is pressed (and channel 3, 4, 5 and 6 if you are using 4 or 6 channel setup)
- turn the volume on channel 3 all the way up (or deck 5 or 7)
- plays the track on deck 3 while the button is pressed (or deck 5 or 7)

So something like this in 2 channel mode (where there is a full path to the track you want to play in deck 3):

deck 3 load "C:\privat\Grab\Vari\The greatest of the 80's\Rick Astley - 02 - never gonna give you up.mp3" && deck 1 volume 25% while_pressed && deck 2 volume 25% while_pressed && deck 3 volume 100% while_pressed & deck 3 play while_pressed

The script can be put anywhere like on a custom key or a keyboard key, but also directly in the skin if you edit it

Inviato Tue 02 Nov 21 @ 7:56 am
thanks so much!!! here's the final custom button script, and it seems to work ... I'll be trying it out on the air tonght ...

deck 3 load "D:\Music\yt1s.com - EMIRATES BOARDING SONG 2012.mp3" && deck 1 volume 25% while_pressed && deck 2 volume 25% while_pressed && deck 3 volume 60% while_pressed && deck 3 play while_pressed && mic while_pressed &

thanks again without your help I'd have been digging through the scripting tutorials for days.

Inviato Wed 03 Nov 21 @ 4:46 pm