Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Changing Sound Color FX select buttons on Pioneer XDJ-XZ to custom ones??
Hello all,

Can I change the Sound Colour FX select buttons on my Pioneer XDJ-XZ to select different colour FX of my choosing. eg Space FX into Cut instead?

Also, can I change the main FX selection ie the FX-SELECT dial it turned to the FX wanted, can I swap it for a different FX, for example, can I chang it from Spiral to say Cut?

I used to have the DDJ-SX2 controller and seem to muddle my way to re-program the buttons of my choice but I seem to be having trouble working it out on the XDJ-XZ.

Any one have scripts or can point me in the right direction please?

Thanks for your help in advance good people.

Cheers for now,

Robbie :)

Inviato Sun 14 Nov 21 @ 5:54 am
I don't think you can with the XDJ-XZ
With a SX2 it was no problem, because it was VDJ doing everything including applying effects. The SX2 is basically just a box of midi buttens with a built in sound card
But rhe XDJ-XZ is a stand alone unit (which can also control midi). So all the mixing is hardware based, and not handled by VDJ at all. And I believe that the same goes for the effect sections, so that it's the physical Pioneer box doing it hardware based, and not the VDJ FX or Color FX engines

Inviato Sun 14 Nov 21 @ 6:08 am
ahhhhh yes,

I suspected as much.

Thanks Klaus for your reply, much appreciated !

Inviato Sun 14 Nov 21 @ 6:17 am