Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pioneer Toraiz sp-16 with VDJ
Hello would a Toraiz sp-16 be a nice extension to VDJ offering sequencing and sampling?
I could use it together with my XDJ-XZ, my question is, will the beat and phase be transmitted through link connectors on the XZ to Toraiz even if playing VDJ tracks ?

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 7:34 am
No the LINK connection won't do that.
And for the most part I'm not sure if it trasmits BPM even in stand-alone mode via LINK network.
At least in the past BPM transmition via LINK network was possible only for selected units (ebabled for CDJ and DJM series but not for XDJ series)
Even then, it was only for stand alone operation and not for HID/MIDI operation.
Maybe in newer XDJ models they have enabled that feature, I don't know. But don't expect it to work for HID/MIDI.

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 10:06 am
Aha what a miss...
My hope was I could use it to control the VDJ sampler and adding "groovebox" functionality.
Then through link sync to the bpm

Is the toraiz supported by VDJ through USB connection as midi controller ?

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 11:08 am
Rather than Pioneer, maybe look at getting something which has Ableton Link built in, then you can sync VDJ to it very easily.

Because the Denon Prime series has Ableton Link, I bought a Native Instruments Maschine+

I can use it with my Prime 4 standalone, or with VDJ and a controller.

The Akai samplers have Ableton Link too.

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 5:46 pm
Hi Groovin and thanks for your advice
Ok so if I for example went with the akai mpc one standalone unit, I could use ableton link with VDJ (need to learn more about it, never tried) and sync.
Can I also control the vdj sampler by the akai pads?

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 6:16 pm
Mobile Zombie wrote :
Can I also control the vdj sampler by the akai pads?

It can be used as a controller for the Akai software, so it sends MIDI over USB. I assume that's a separate mode to standalone functions.

Inviato Mon 14 Feb 22 @ 9:54 pm