Accesso rapido:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Record Auto Stop
Is this feature ever going to be available? I've had numerous shows recorded and forgot to stop the recording after I stopped playing. Ending up with a 3 or 4 hours of silence. Editing it out in Audacity is np, but it would be a nice button "stop recording after XX minutes.

Barry

Inviato Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 2:12 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
easy with a rsi script,

start recording then press this button [better chance remembering at the start :P ]
every 15 seconds it will watch if deck 1 or 2 is playing
if not , the next 15 seconds later if still nothing is playing it will end recording

repeat_start 'rememberForMe'? on & repeat_stop 'rememberForMe' : off & set $stillGoing 0 & repeat_start 'rememberForMe' 15000ms -1 & deck 1 play ? set $stillGoing 0 : deck 2 play ? set $stillGoing 0 : var $stillGoing 1 ? record off & repeat_stop 'rememberForMe' : set $stillGoing 1

Inviato Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 3:05 am
As Locodog said it can be done via scripts and in many ways.
However, recording stops (as it should) when you exit the program.
So, why do you end up with 2-3 hours of silence ? Do you just leave VirtualDJ open and running after you're done ? Doesn't make sense..

Also another script you can use in order to have predefined time limit is this:

repeat_start_instant 'MyRecordingSession' 3600000ms 2 & record

This code will start recording at the press of the button, and will end it automatically after 1 hour.

Or you can also use event scheduler to through a "record off" action at a specific time (e.g. every night at 1 a.m.)

Inviato Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 8:54 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
PhantomDeejay wrote :
...just leave VirtualDJ open and running after you're done ? Doesn't make sense...

I've quit trying to second guess the after party, anything could happen.

Inviato Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 8:57 am
for me, I have set a reminder...

I set a BUTTON in the skin and label it "RECORD" then BLINKS when RECORDING.

Inviato Tue 12 Apr 22 @ 12:22 pm